Roger Waters Amused to Death Shipping (or non-Shipping) Date

krustykat

I'm not sure if too many other people have ordered the 200g repressing of this album, but WTF?   I ordered this from Acoustic Sounds on 3/20/13.  This is over two years ago!   As of today, it is still on backorder with no shipping date in sight. I have no idea what the reason for the delay is, but IMHO you shouldn't advertise and take people's money two years in advance of a shipping date.  I'm not very impressed.  Does anybody know what is going on with this repressing?

ACHiPo

Re: Roger Waters Amused to Death Shipping (or non-Shipping) Date
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2015, 10:49 am »
That certainly seems excessive.  I haven't had that problem with Acoustic Sounds, but then I tend not to pre-order.  I have had a similar situation (still have, I guess, from Music Direct, since I have an album on order that I haven't heard about in months).  Are you sure Acoustic Sounds charged your credit card?  If so you might want to contact them and cancel until the album's back in stock.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2015, 12:40 pm »
Acoustic Sounds never charges my credit card until my items are marked as shipped.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 2015, 02:32 pm »
With this incredible long wait I would ask for a refund right now.
200g LPs are somewhat rare today.

Wayner

« Reply #4 on: 31 Mar 2015, 02:40 pm »
No need for a refund as the card hasn't been charged. If you really want it, I guess you'll have to wait. I have a nice copy of the original pressing which can be had on eBay or at used record stores.

'ner

krustykat

« Reply #5 on: 31 Mar 2015, 04:39 pm »
Actually, I was charged.  My original order had multiple items in it and I paid via PayPal. Even though it was a partial shipment, they kept the whole amount of the order.  I still want the album, but you can't even find it on the Acoustic Sounds store now if you try searching for it.  When I clicked on the product number from my archived order, it brings me to the page for the album, but it now says "Sorry, this Product is no longer available".

I just googled about this album and found a 21 page thread on the Steve Hoffman Music Forum about this exact same topic.  Lots of ideas about why there is a delay, but no confirmed reason or ship date yet.   I guess I'll wait a bit longer before I ask for my money back, a used copy on Discogs is silly expensive.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 31 Mar 2015, 04:49 pm »
Bad news, to my experience buying online, I think they dont know you are waiting this album.
They have forgot it all.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #7 on: 31 Mar 2015, 05:23 pm »
Actually, I was charged.  My original order had multiple items in it and I paid via PayPal. Even though it was a partial shipment, they kept the whole amount of the order.  I still want the album, but you can't even find it on the Acoustic Sounds store now if you try searching for it.  When I clicked on the product number from my archived order, it brings me to the page for the album, but it now says "Sorry, this Product is no longer available".

I just googled about this album and found a 21 page thread on the Steve Hoffman Music Forum about this exact same topic.  Lots of ideas about why there is a delay, but no confirmed reason or ship date yet.   I guess I'll wait a bit longer before I ask for my money back, a used copy on Discogs is silly expensive.
That definitely complicates things. I hate it when I place an order and some of it ships while some of it doesn't.

Have you called and spoken to somebody? I would hope that it would be fairly straight forward for them to get this one cleared up - the Album has still never been released (this 200 gm version), so there shouldn't be a question of whether or not they think you have it already.  Refund or store credit at this point.

Wayner

« Reply #8 on: 31 Mar 2015, 06:08 pm »

I don't think they should have charged you for unshipped items. They should have done a partial shipment for the in stock items and charged you again when the other item shipped.

'ner

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #9 on: 31 Mar 2015, 08:35 pm »
There's a large backlog at pressing facilities. I ordered the new Jackson Browne album the first week in October; the day the CD was released. The LP showed up about a week ago.

Doc

*Scotty*

« Reply #10 on: 31 Mar 2015, 11:42 pm »
krustykat, this maybe stating the obvious, but why not call Acoustic Sounds and ask them if they have anything like a firm date for when the album will become available?
Scotty

krustykat

« Reply #11 on: 1 Apr 2015, 12:36 am »
VERY coincidentally, I was forwarded an email from a friend who had ordered it from another online vendor and this was the content of the email:
Thank you for your preorder for this long-awaited release:

Roger Waters/Amused to Death, 200g 2LP

Sony/Analogue Productions has required all dealers to remove this item for sale from websites until they make a large formal announcement of this impending release.
Your preorder with us is safe and will be filled. This title WILL be released and the announcement will reveal all the details including an actual release date.

So I guess that it is coming and that explains why it was removed from the Acoustic Sounds web site also.  I'm not holding my breath until it comes though.....

skriefal

• SLC, Utah
« Reply #12 on: 1 Apr 2015, 04:25 am »
I got the same message from the same vendor, but for the SACD.

PMAT

« Reply #13 on: 1 Apr 2015, 06:18 am »
It's worth the wait, it's a phenomenal album.

spartanfan

« Reply #14 on: 9 Jul 2015, 05:24 am »
I see they have the official release date up now and it is due out on the 24th of this month. I can't wait and hopefully your 2 year preorder wait will soon be over.

yeldarb

« Reply #15 on: 26 Jul 2015, 04:34 pm »
On PopMarket today.  Vinyl is $42.

There are already negative comments on A'zon about surface noise on this picture disc.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #16 on: 26 Jul 2015, 05:09 pm »
The picture disk is different than the QRP pressed 200g double LP seeling for $50 at Acoustic Sounds.

roscoeiii

« Reply #17 on: 26 Jul 2015, 05:49 pm »
On PopMarket today.  Vinyl is $42.

There are already negative comments on A'zon about surface noise on this picture disc.

Yeah, I steer clear of picture discs and colored vinyl for that reason. Plain black vinyl please.

yeldarb

« Reply #18 on: 27 Jul 2015, 01:06 am »
The QRP would have to be better.  I'll just stick with my old CD for now.  The q-sound effects are quite obvious on my systems.  One of them almost frighteningly so.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #19 on: 27 Jul 2015, 01:27 am »
I know this is the vinyl circle but I thought you Amused to Death fans would be interested. This album was just reissued (July 24) as a CD/Bluray Audio boxset.

"The 2015 CD + Blu-ray edition of Amused to Death feature a new 5.1 surround remix of the album on high-definition Blu-ray audio completed by longtime Roger Waters / Pink Floyd collaborator and co-producer, James Guthrie"

http://www.amazon.com/Amused-To-Death-CD-Bluray/dp/B00UA1NBJ6