Any Salk owners with a Peachtree product?

bigjppop

Any Salk owners with a Peachtree product?
« on: 14 Dec 2010, 05:58 am »
Just curious if any of you guys happen to own anything from Peachtree (Nova, Decco, or iDecco) that you are using with your Salks.  I'm looking to simplify my life and am thinking of the Nova and some Song Towers.  80 wpc @ 6 ohms going to get me where I want to be?

irishsammy

Re: Any Salk owners with a Peachtree product?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2010, 02:31 pm »
Hi bigj.  I've got SongTowers and I'm supposed to take delivery of a Decco2 today.  Over the next couple days, I'll give it a listen and maybe post some impressions here.  It's not a Nova, of course, but it might help. 

jrg4785

« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2010, 04:24 pm »
Yep, I've using the Nova with my Soundscapes.  Very happy with it now.  I previously used it with a pair of Totem Mite's and was also happy with it.   

bigjppop

« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec 2010, 05:51 pm »
Hi bigj.  I've got SongTowers and I'm supposed to take delivery of a Decco2 today.  Over the next couple days, I'll give it a listen and maybe post some impressions here.  It's not a Nova, of course, but it might help.

Very cool.  I would love to go with the Decco2 if it could get the job done.  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

irishsammy

« Reply #4 on: 15 Dec 2010, 08:19 pm »
Hooked up the Decco2 yesterday evening and have been listening to it a bit since.  Did some quick A/B testing at lunch today between the D2 and the D2 connected to my Parasound 275 power amp (2 x 75W into 8 ohms, 2 x 125W into 4 ohms).

My initial impression is that if you haven't been "spoiled" by higher power amps, you'd probably not want for more with just the D2.  But in comparison, the D2 alone is just a tad bit thinner in sound overall (but VERY close with most material) and when you get into higher volumes, it loses control quicker and starts sounding a little shouty compared to the D2/PS amp combo.  Not sure what your intended use is but if it's for mild music listening in a normal-sized room, I think you'd definitely be pleased with the D2.

Would another 40wpc sound better, strictly speaking?  Sounds like it to me.  But the difference is probably not going to floor you.

With all this said, my experience with the D2 so far has shown me that I'd gladly pay twice the asking price of that little bugger for a preamp/DAC/headphone amp of its caliber.  All three of those sections are absolutely excellent.  The fact that it is also a pretty capable integrated is just even more icing on the cake. 

More impressions to come.  Hope this helps a little.