Might sell my HT-2TLs

earthbound

Might sell my HT-2TLs
« on: 13 Aug 2016, 06:09 pm »
I'm getting ready to move from Ohio to Oregon. I'm taking a small rental trailer and will return in a few months for the rest. As I unbolted the base and spikes from the HT-2TLs, then hauled up the huge boxes from the basement I started to wonder if maybe I should consider selling them for three reasons: they may not fit in the trailer with my other stuff, they're big and heavy (and I am small and weak), and my new house is not really set up for large speakers. I would most likely replace them with smaller Salks once I get out there.

They are curly cherry, no special finishing, and beautiful. I bought them in 2009 and am the original owner. They currently reside in the northwest corner of Ohio. If interested let me know before Friday August 19 because on the 20th they might be heading west if they fit in the trailer.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
Re: Might sell my HT-2TLs
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2016, 07:52 pm »
Welcome to Oregon when you get here.  If you make it to the Willamette Valley give me a shout and let's make a day of it. :thumb:

Alan in Harrisburg,Or.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2016, 08:11 pm »
You might want to post a price. If they do fit in the trailer you'll be passing a lot of possible buyers on the road that might want to lighten your load & help pay for the gas.  :thumb:

And as Alan said, Welcome to the Pacific Northwest. You should find the humidity a little less oppressive.  8)

billmcc

« Reply #3 on: 13 Aug 2016, 08:25 pm »
PM with several questions on the HT-2TLs

Bill

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #4 on: 13 Aug 2016, 08:43 pm »
Pm'd you with a few questions.

Best,
Lester

earthbound

« Reply #5 on: 13 Aug 2016, 09:04 pm »
This morning I had no thought at all about selling these so I feel a little unprepared here! To answer a few questions:

I believe they have the TCY tweeter.
The cabinets are 3/4 inch.
I'm thinking an asking price of around $2900 or make offer.
I suppose I could ship but we would have to close the deal by Aug 17 so I would have time to get them shipped.

BTW, I used to live in Eugene but will be moving to Roseburg this time.

earthbound

« Reply #6 on: 13 Aug 2016, 09:22 pm »
Welcome to Oregon when you get here.  If you make it to the Willamette Valley give me a shout and let's make a day of it. :thumb:

Alan in Harrisburg,Or.

Tempting! I see your avatar is a wine bottle. I'm more of a craft beer guy, but I'm flexible, though maybe not physically as much as the dancing banana!  :banana piano: :beer:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #7 on: 13 Aug 2016, 09:52 pm »
Hello, earthbound.

That is nearly strong enough to qualify as wine, but is is actually none other than "The Abyss"!

Alan and I just a few miles from each other - I'm often found in Corvallis.

If those speakers make the journey out here, I'd be mighty interested in hearing them. Between Alan and I, we've got some nice gear.

Michael

aldcoll

« Reply #8 on: 13 Aug 2016, 11:23 pm »
Tempting! I see your avatar is a wine bottle. I'm more of a craft beer guy, but I'm flexible, though maybe not physically as much as the dancing banana!  :banana piano: :beer:
[/quotse]

Actually it is 12.2 0/0 alc. and verey limited.   There is a sandwich shop next to my doctors office that has 1000 lables on hand at one time.   And nearly every city has a brewery map.

What outher state would the welcome wagon pass out mugs and or wine glasses when you enter the state :beer: :beer: :beer:

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #9 on: 13 Aug 2016, 11:36 pm »
Damn Alan, when you say it like that I'm wondering why the hell am I not living in Oregon.  :thumb:

aldcoll

« Reply #10 on: 13 Aug 2016, 11:40 pm »
It is the Brewing Capitol of the USA.

Hoops have been grown here since folks arrived and that crop is making a big resurgence.

Sorry if this thread is being hijacked.  (BURP)  But Bob in St Louie the BBQ here is weak at best.  Goat cheese do sent work in my book for most brews.

And Roseburg us a hoproblem skip away :thumb:

mresseguie

« Reply #11 on: 13 Aug 2016, 11:43 pm »
Tomy,

It's about time for another visit to your niece, don't you think? :)  I'll be back in about three weeks with my new Don Sachs preamp in hand.  8)

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #12 on: 13 Aug 2016, 11:46 pm »
Tomy,

It's about time for another visit to your niece, don't you think? :)

Yep, hopefully some time in October! I'll send you and Alan a message when exactly and hopefully we can meet up.

earthbound

« Reply #13 on: 14 Aug 2016, 10:53 pm »

Hoops have been grown here since folks arrived and that crop is making a big resurgence.

Sorry if this thread is being hijacked.  (BURP)

Hoops? A little heavy fingered on the "o" key I think.

Hijacking this thread is fine with me, especially since I think I decided to keep the HT-2TLs. I'll haul them out when I rent a truck next time.  :wine: :beer:

aldcoll

« Reply #14 on: 15 Aug 2016, 04:29 am »
Busted on the hops and spell check or was it this picture :scratch:

http://thebierstein.com/bottle-list/

I think I need to see my doctor acrossthe alley :duh:

Alan.  Bail money always appreciated

mresseguie

« Reply #15 on: 15 Aug 2016, 04:37 am »
Busted on the hops and spell check or was it this picture :scratch:

http://thebierstein.com/bottle-list/

I think I need to see my doctor acrossthe alley :duh:

Alan.  Bail money always appreciated

Dammit! I'm pissed off now. My son spent four years at U of O on my dime and never once did he mention this establishment. I want a refund! :wink:

aldcoll

« Reply #16 on: 15 Aug 2016, 04:38 am »
He was under age do this place would have been off his radar

earthbound

« Reply #17 on: 15 Aug 2016, 02:39 pm »
Dammit! I'm pissed off now. My son spent four years at U of O on my dime and never once did he mention this establishment. I want a refund! :wink:

My son also spent 4 years there getting his degree, and now he works there. Go Ducks!

I lived in Eugene for over 20 years but left for Ohio in 2005. That was the year the Bier Stein opened. I would have sniffed that place out on one of the thousands of times I drove down Willamette. Bad timing: my life story.  :violin: