message to Classic Cherry owners

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
message to Classic Cherry owners
« on: 12 Jan 2016, 01:11 pm »
I'd like to take this opportunity to give extra thanks to our early customers ---- those who bought Cherry Amps when they were new on the market from a relatively unknown company.

We only have a few Classic Cherry Amps in stock at this time (MONOs on http://kck.st/1NWutrj until Wednesday), and we will stop building new ones in 2016....

If you've ever gone looking for a used Classic Cherry Amp, you might have noticed that they hardly ever surface.  Listeners have kept their Cherries and continue to keep their Cherries.

We are planning something that will re-juice Classic Cherry Amps.  A motherboard upgrade to boost power output and improve sonics using Maraschino technology.  This is all very preliminary, but hold on to your Cherry if you're lucky enough to have one (or more)!  Thanks as always!

-Tommy O

Shear Bliss VMPS

Re: message to Classic Cherry owners
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2016, 08:13 pm »
Sad to read the Big Cherries will cease production in the new 2016 year. Been loving the Cherry Ultra since I received it in 2012, also like its he-man looks and red faceplate. The good news is that perhaps going out of production, Tommy still is pushing the envelope with them, offering maybe Maraschino updates to these wonderful amps in the future!! Upgradability says a lot and means everything to me from this awesome company. So sad and pleased at the same time.

DW

mojave

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jan 2016, 10:02 pm »
We are planning something that will re-juice Classic Cherry Amps.  A motherboard upgrade to boost power output and improve sonics using Maraschino technology.  This is all very preliminary, but hold on to your Cherry if you're lucky enough to have one (or more)!  Thanks as always!

-Tommy O
I've got 5 channels of Cherry amps plus some Maraschino's. Looking forward to what you might come up with.

jzexport

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2016, 08:23 pm »
Looking forward to what you might come up with.

Me, too!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jan 2016, 12:09 pm »
We have a few demos in stock.  Thinking about a special offer for them.

We need to keep some hardware for testing of the new motherboard in the future.  We have been asked several times when this upgrade will be available, so I'll just put it out there.  We want to have the upgrade available toward the end of this year.

Maybe we will sell off the Cherry MONOs....

If interested, send me a PM.  Thanks.

-Tommy

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #5 on: 4 Apr 2017, 04:16 pm »
Just a quick note....   We will be launching a Kickstarter soon and will include motherboard swaps (mono and stereo) in the rewards....   "Megaschino" is one of the suggested names for this new amp!   Thanks.

-Tommy O

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #6 on: 21 Apr 2017, 01:45 am »
Kickstarter now running.  The new amp is available in two forms: upgrade your Cherry Classic or buy a MEGAschino.  Lots of other rewards available!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/378044010/maraschino-video-series

Prices are going WAY up after the Kickstarter.   More details to follow....

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
What is the MEGAschino Cherry ?
« Reply #7 on: 24 Apr 2017, 04:38 pm »
MEGAschino Cherry ?

Find out:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=149935.0

Now you can re-juice your Cherry!

Don't miss this opportunity.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #8 on: 2 Jan 2018, 08:04 pm »
The MEGAschino is available for pre-order, and we are also offering upgrades to Classic Cherry owners.

Upgrade your Cherry amp to a MEGAschino:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=149935.msg1655243#msg1655243