WAF!

albireo13

WAF!
« on: 21 Aug 2015, 12:03 pm »
I need a huge WAF to help me get some Salks.
Show me what works for you.THX

ROB

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: WAF!
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2015, 12:33 pm »
I solved the prob kick out my first wife.
The second was less picky about equips.

robin67

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2015, 01:29 pm »

ROB
just ask her if she can take your balls out of her purse  :lol:

Austin08

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2015, 02:28 pm »
I bough my wife a nice car and in return not only I got three Salks but also a system overhaul :)

R Swerdlow

« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2015, 03:05 pm »
Jim Salk's veneers and finishes are the best in the business.

Get your wife involved in their choice.  Jim's knowledge and suggestions will be invaluable in winning her over.

albireo13

« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 2015, 03:34 pm »
just ask her if she can take your balls out of her purse  :lol:

Happy wife ... happy life!   
 8)

ernest787

« Reply #6 on: 21 Aug 2015, 04:24 pm »
I think I'm lucky and my wife doesn't give me much grief over these purchases.  I handle most of the fiances so when I ask her, she usually says "you know how much money we have and if we have it, then that's fine."

She is also OK with it b/c I've explained to her that these purchases are purchses that could last a life time... until she realized that you will always want to upgrade  :lol: :lol:

JonnyFive

« Reply #7 on: 21 Aug 2015, 05:25 pm »
My advice would be to get a new W, but since that won't go over well...here's a common sales technique.

Try and sell her on something that's kind of hideous, more expensive than a Salk, and something you ultimately don't want.  Work to convince her, act disappointed when she says no.  Then pretend like you're compromising and offer her a better looking and cheaper Salk model.  Compromise has been achieved and you got what you wanted.

Or you could order them and just set them up when she's not there.  When she comes home you say "I don't know what happened, someone must have broken in and left us these new speakers???"

Bemopti123

« Reply #8 on: 21 Aug 2015, 05:39 pm »
Happy wife ... happy life!   
 8)

Tottering one's happiness on the whims of a spouse's approval does not seem to me like a good thing!  Jajajajaja.

My wife has threatened to dump all my speakers, drivers and equipment to the curb but has not gone through it yet.  I guess I must be making her somehow happy.  Jajajajajaja :thumb:

sunnydaze

« Reply #9 on: 21 Aug 2015, 06:24 pm »
My advice would be to get a new W, but since that won't go over well...here's a common sales technique.

Try and sell her on something that's kind of hideous, more expensive than a Salk, and something you ultimately don't want.  Work to convince her, act disappointed when she says no.  Then pretend like you're compromising and offer her a better looking and cheaper Salk model.  Compromise has been achieved and you got what you wanted.

Compromise?  Manipulation methinks!    :lol:

Nice one, I like it!!     :thumb:

JonnyFive

« Reply #10 on: 21 Aug 2015, 06:44 pm »
Compromise?  Manipulation methinks!    :lol:

Nice one, I like it!!     :thumb:

Haha, I said "sales technique." 

ratso

« Reply #11 on: 21 Aug 2015, 06:49 pm »
my wife used to complain about my constant gear flipping. she wouldn't try to stop me, just kept pointing out that it was stupid. after nearly driving myself into the poorhouse, i learned to just be happy with what i have. sometimes they are smarter than us.

sunnydaze

« Reply #12 on: 21 Aug 2015, 06:54 pm »
Haha, I said "sales technique."

manipulation....sales technique....same thing!     :lol:

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #13 on: 21 Aug 2015, 09:01 pm »
I would just order them, set them up when she's not around and when she returns home say "prepare to be amazed and astonished" and put on her favorite piece of music.
Then you can say I did it just for you, sweetie pie! and then take her out to dinner.
She won't believe you but that's okay.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #14 on: 21 Aug 2015, 09:04 pm »
I would just order them, set them up when she's not around and when she returns home say "prepare to be amazed and astonished" and put on her favorite piece of music.

What if her favorite music is Celine Dion?   :thumbdown:

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #15 on: 21 Aug 2015, 09:47 pm »
That's what the hollow tooth concealing the cyanide capsule is for.
Hopefully, that's in HER mouth, not his.

Hey, don't feel bad, I took the wife to a record store and had to burn her purchase to CD: the soundtrack to the Broadway smash hit, CATS.
That was brutal.

Ron D

« Reply #16 on: 21 Aug 2015, 10:49 pm »
Get a picture of the Salks you want and advise the alternate choice is a pair of Maggie Tympanis (3 panels a side) - the Salks will look like a no brainer at this point despite the cost differential :wink:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #17 on: 21 Aug 2015, 10:52 pm »

ROB

What Salk's do you have in mind?

albireo13

« Reply #18 on: 21 Aug 2015, 11:25 pm »
My wife and I get along w ell and are fairly independent. She spends $$$ on her hobbies and I spend on mine. 
She never gives me a hard time about purchases.  She actually thinks I am too frugal and should spend more
on myself. 

Still, a high WAF will engage my wife more into audio I feel.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #19 on: 21 Aug 2015, 11:50 pm »
She actually thinks I am too frugal and should spend more
on myself. 

:o

If ya got a green light, put the pedal to the metal! But it's nice you're being considerate, like you said...happy wife happy life. Enjoy the ride choosing your speakers.