• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
Re: Exotica 3's customized to the max
« Reply #83 on: 7 Nov 2014, 03:01 am »
That's bad.   Can you say "Nikon"?

SCompRacer

« Reply #84 on: 7 Nov 2014, 03:25 am »
I dunno, that's a pretty kewl effect on the sides of speakers. I thought they were solid white on the sides.  :D

sfox7076

« Reply #85 on: 7 Nov 2014, 03:56 am »
I am pretty sure Bigfoot is in the back of those pictures...

srb

« Reply #86 on: 7 Nov 2014, 03:59 am »
I've certainly seen better pictures from an iPhone.  Is there a Newspaper/Newsprint effect setting I don't know about or is it a result of very low available light?

Steve

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #87 on: 7 Nov 2014, 04:01 am »
I am pretty sure Bigfoot is in the back of those pictures...

Bigfoot: The Audiophile

Here we go!  :lol:

kingdeezie

« Reply #88 on: 7 Nov 2014, 04:03 am »
BRM,

I see that you have a rack directly behind the speaker. Are you noticing any deleterious effects from that? I have a similar looking audio rack that takes up a large amount of the width of the room. I keep wondering if it is something I am going to have to replace or not when my E3s arrive.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #89 on: 7 Nov 2014, 02:36 pm »
Beautiful speakers Pete. I really like the choice of finishes. Im sure they sound fantastic as Jim's speakers always do.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #90 on: 7 Nov 2014, 09:46 pm »
Beautiful speakers Pete. I really like the choice of finishes. Im sure they sound fantastic as Jim's speakers always do.

Thanks Bill!

Big Red Machine

« Reply #91 on: 7 Nov 2014, 09:49 pm »
BRM,

I see that you have a rack directly behind the speaker. Are you noticing any deleterious effects from that? I have a similar looking audio rack that takes up a large amount of the width of the room. I keep wondering if it is something I am going to have to replace or not when my E3s arrive.

Can't say it is a problem.  The shelf is 24" deep and the speaker backs are 11 inches from it.  The way I look at it is sound will blow right through the open cavities so it is invisible to the speaker performance.  Certainly no bass build up due to the shelves.

Eventually I will run some sweeps which should be interesting with these beasts.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #92 on: 7 Nov 2014, 09:56 pm »
Blast from the past!  Where have you been!?!?!!

Big Red Machine

« Reply #93 on: 7 Nov 2014, 10:33 pm »
Overdue, in-process, photos.  Have to clean up the one power cord mess in the front tomorrow.

The Acoustic Revive is quite the unit.  It came with a base that is filled with quartz crystals.  It seems to energize the sound.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #94 on: 7 Nov 2014, 10:36 pm »
For some reason I only bought 2 right angle connectors before the build so I bought 2 more this week and rewired the connection between top and bottom to get to the look I was after.  And of course I wired them with solid silver wire in teflon tubing!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #95 on: 7 Nov 2014, 10:37 pm »
And of course I wired them with solid silver wire in teflon tubing!
What wire did you use in the cabinet?

TJHUB

« Reply #96 on: 8 Nov 2014, 12:34 am »
Pete,

I've let this thread run long enough so that I don't feel bad about finally taking my shot at you. :D

I'm so happy you finally gave in and realized that subwoofers are the only way to go for music.  I know you had the cabinets separated only to further the actual feel of speakers with separate subwoofers.  Nice work!   :P  Welcome to the dark side. 8)  Now you can remove that "blasphemy" comment. 

On a serious note, congrats on the new speakers.  Sounds like they might be more than what you hoped for.

chargedmr2

« Reply #97 on: 8 Nov 2014, 02:29 am »
They look good in there.  Will you be replacing the cushion on your chair with one that is copper colored?  That would be my only suggestion :thumb:

charmerci

« Reply #98 on: 8 Nov 2014, 09:39 am »
As much as I like AVA, have you thought about letting Jim borrow your DAC/pre/amp for his next show to show off his Exoticas?

Btw, I think the blue cushion goes well your TRL (he says with a lisp)!  :roll:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #99 on: 8 Nov 2014, 02:09 pm »
Pete,

I've let this thread run long enough so that I don't feel bad about finally taking my shot at you. :D

I'm so happy you finally gave in and realized that subwoofers are the only way to go for music.  I know you had the cabinets separated only to further the actual feel of speakers with separate subwoofers.  Nice work!   :P  Welcome to the dark side. 8)  Now you can remove that "blasphemy" comment. 

On a serious note, congrats on the new speakers.  Sounds like they might be more than what you hoped for.

This is a full range speaker with puny 8 inch woofers, not giant 15 inch subwoofers.  Please..... :guns:

Still not a blasphemer!  :wink: