Cherry Amplifier® ---- What We're About 🍒

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Re: Digital Amplifier Company DAC4800A and Cherry amps
« Reply #60 on: 17 Aug 2008, 03:15 pm »
Interesting looking products AmpDesigner333...

Please adjust your signature to meet the guidelines put forward for industry participants here  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=41871.0

Thanks in advance and have a great rest of your weekend!

Just testing it.  OK now?  Thanks for your post.

art

• Industry Participant
    • Analog Research-Technology
« Reply #61 on: 17 Aug 2008, 05:23 pm »
Looks like the hobbyists have discovered you. Nothing that you can do about that, but you may live to regret it.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1587004#post1587004

Best wishes!

Pat

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #62 on: 17 Aug 2008, 07:54 pm »
Looks like the hobbyists have discovered you. Nothing that you can do about that, but you may live to regret it.

Best wishes!

Pat

Pat,
Thanks for pointing that out!  Good find.  All I have to say for now is "ouch"!  We made attempts years ago in DIY, but we found it just wasn't a good fit for us.  Thanks again for your post.

arthurs

« Reply #63 on: 17 Aug 2008, 11:45 pm »
Interesting looking products AmpDesigner333...

Please adjust your signature to meet the guidelines put forward for industry participants here  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=41871.0

Thanks in advance and have a great rest of your weekend!

Just testing it.  OK now?  Thanks for your post.

Perfecto, thanks much!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #64 on: 18 Aug 2008, 06:16 am »

Best wishes!

Pat

Has this happened to you?  I checked out www.analogresearch-technology.net, and it looks like you doing some pretty similar stuff.  Do you use someone's modules or did you develop your own amp technology?  Nice looking product!

THE_ANSWERS

« Reply #65 on: 18 Aug 2008, 02:34 pm »
hello

you seem like a guy who knows what he is talking about and seem to be very much a part of this crazy hobby.  if i were you and don't take this the wrong way but i would re-think your price structure. if your and early bird and you can find it on amazon referb and stuff like this people here are not going to take you seriously.  come up with a price that works for you and stick with it.  any other way makes it seem like your not sure of yourself.

I agree . what is the   r e a l   price?  do you get sized up ?  my buddy told me his was 1500 but why is it 3600 on the web site and 2700 (?) on amazon and what the hell is it doing on amazon .  nobody buys serious gear there!!!!!!     why not audiogon

still the product is good like I said before.    just being devils advocate  :)

didn't answer me about audiogon.......  not really
    sorry about the price comment    ya gotta do wht ya gottado
c'ya

THE_ANSWERS

« Reply #66 on: 18 Aug 2008, 03:16 pm »
Because i've listened to quite a few and despite all the hype that went with them,was quite disappointing,thats all.

really did like the dac amp though and payed attention since it was no-name brand and a friend happen to have it  also really big speakers can really bottom out tubes .

i know what you mean by dissapointed when I heard a old class d amp (ps-audio?) .   this was something like 10 years ago so one of the first(?).     at the time, I liked tubes and heard conrad-johnson and michaelson&austin and dynaco (really old????)  and was very impressed with stuff that lit up (duh ) didnt know much butwas realy more interested in speakers than anything,home brew ones that is!!!!  tubes just look real  *kewl*

speaking of tubes ,, ever hear of these guys?   http://www.virginiatubeaudio.com/

art

• Industry Participant
    • Analog Research-Technology
« Reply #67 on: 18 Aug 2008, 04:55 pm »

Best wishes!

Pat
Has this happened to you? 

No, but there are some folks there that spread false information. Not intentionally; they just think that they know more than they really do. Most are harmless, just annoying.

Audiogon............I rarely go there any longer. The mods have a way of clipping my posts, in reply to the same sort of person alluded to above. Why they let the inmates say anything that has no foundation in fact, or so severely taken out of context that is in no longer true, is beyond me. More puzzling when they don't let you set the record straight. But, things may have improved there. Not curious enough to try again.

(Not sure the forum rules allow such disclosure. If not, I will edit it out.)

Pat

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #68 on: 18 Aug 2008, 09:28 pm »
hello

you seem like a guy who knows what he is talking about and seem to be very much a part of this crazy hobby.  if i were you and don't take this the wrong way but i would re-think your price structure. if your and early bird and you can find it on amazon referb and stuff like this people here are not going to take you seriously.  come up with a price that works for you and stick with it.  any other way makes it seem like your not sure of yourself.

I agree . what is the   r e a l   price?  do you get sized up ?  my buddy told me his was 1500 but why is it 3600 on the web site and 2700 (?) on amazon and what the hell is it doing on amazon .  nobody buys serious gear there!!!!!!     why not audiogon

still the product is good like I said before.    just being devils advocate  :)

didn't answer me about audiogon.......  not really
    sorry about the price comment    ya gotta do wht ya gottado
c'ya

No big deal.  Sorry about the "idiot" comment on the Red Wine thread (oops).  Once again, please get your friend with the DAC4800A to post here.  It is Bill, right (don't want to use his last name)?  If so, he bought one of the first ones ever made!!!  We have improved the design since then.

About Audiogon, we're looking into it.  I was trying to get feedback on them (no pun intended).  Have you ever bought anything from them?  How about Ebay (audio stuff only)?

About price, we are getting squeezed by rising costs and a shrinking market (at least in the USA for now).  However, we still are doing well, and luckily bought a lot of components when prices were lower.  Since you have heard one and said you liked it, why not buy one?  We have a 30-day return policy (ask me privately about it if you are interested).  Pardon the sales pitch.  Let me know, and thanks for posting to this thread.

cryoparts

« Reply #69 on: 18 Aug 2008, 09:32 pm »
About Audiogon, we're looking into it.  I was trying to get feedback on them (no pun intended).  Have you ever bought anything from them?  How about Ebay (audio stuff only)?

I know that is is in fashion to bash AudioGon, but I have used them for at least 10 years and have been very happy with their service the whole time.  Plus, they have the draw.  More people visit A'gon than any other Hi-Fi site, I bet.

Don't forget:

http://www.hifihock.com
http://www.audiosxell.com

Both Dragan (HiFiHock) and Tom (AudioXsell) are good guys and occasionally post here.

Peace,

Lee

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #70 on: 18 Aug 2008, 09:34 pm »

Best wishes!

Pat
Has this happened to you? 

No, but there are some folks there that spread false information. Not intentionally; they just think that they know more than they really do. Most are harmless, just annoying.

Audiogon............I rarely go there any longer. The mods have a way of clipping my posts, in reply to the same sort of person alluded to above. Why they let the inmates say anything that has no foundation in fact, or so severely taken out of context that is in no longer true, is beyond me. More puzzling when they don't let you set the record straight. But, things may have improved there. Not curious enough to try again.

(Not sure the forum rules allow such disclosure. If not, I will edit it out.)

Pat

Thanks for the info about Audiogon.  We're thinking of trying it out, but I wonder if Ebay is better.

Audiogon is cheaper if it's a "standard" listing.  A fancy listing on Ebay can be more than $40 USD!!!

I was also thinking of trying to sell on Audio Circle.  Any thoughts on that?  Anyway, I hope this thread will get some technical related replies posted soon.  Too much marketing/sales for me in one day...  Thanks again.

pbrstreetgang

« Reply #71 on: 18 Aug 2008, 09:37 pm »
It would be good to attend a rave or get an amp into the hands of some of the trusted members here for a listen. If its good, Im sure there will be interest

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #72 on: 18 Aug 2008, 09:38 pm »

Don't forget:

Both Dragan (HiFiHock) and Tom (AudioXsell) are good guys and occasionally post here.

peace,

Lee

Lee,

Thanks for the post.  I'll check them out.  We have to be selective due to limited stock.  We typically build, sell, build, sell, like that...  It takes quite a few hours to build and test each unit by hand.  That's what we're all about.  This isn't stuff produced by the thosands of units in some South East Asian sweat shop...

cryoparts

« Reply #73 on: 18 Aug 2008, 09:43 pm »
I understand.  I don't think any one of the internet sites will get you so much business that you will be back-logged more than a few weeks.  You need to "spread the love around" a bit to build your brand, as you are not very well known.   

You might think also think about a banner on Tone Audio.  Talk with Jeff and he can recommend the best placement.  He is fantastic to work with.

Peace,

Lee

Don't forget:

peace,

Lee

Lee,

Thanks for the post.  I'll check them out.  We have to be selective due to limited stock.  We typically build, sell, build, sell, like that...  It takes quite a few hours to build and test each unit by hand.  That's what we're all about.  This isn't stuff produced by the thosands of units in some South East Asian sweat shop...

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #74 on: 18 Aug 2008, 09:46 pm »
It would be good to attend a rave or get an amp into the hands of some of the trusted members here for a listen. If its good, Im sure there will be interest

Maybe if I offer a unit or two for Audio Circle members only...  There are a lot of tire kickers and people who request free amps, but we're not pouring over with cash since we re-invest into hardware, bootstrap style.  I'm sure the Brystons and Krells out there can afford to send out sample product, but we can't.  Thanks for your post.

pbrstreetgang

« Reply #75 on: 19 Aug 2008, 12:56 am »
Everyone understand that. The thing is to get a unbiased review from as many people as possible and establish some credibility for offering a good product. The only thing you lose in the end is the difference in profit between selling the unit new or as a demo. Turn this around and ask yourself what you are asking of us. You are asking us to plop down $6,000.00 on a possibly fine product but with no safety net of brand name, performance, credibility, or resale value. Other companies have went through these steps and established a good reputation and proven their offerings worth, many in fact started right were you are. Im not calling into question or knocking your product but the noble line your portraying is you dont spend a dime on advertising or showing your product and seemingly concerned about the minimal amount you would be out for sending it to responsible members that have invested a lot of money in multiple high end systems with obvious dedication to this hobby. It plays a major role in a lot of peoples lives here and many take it very seriously. If its a great deal people would have no problem with the asking price.

mcullinan

« Reply #76 on: 19 Aug 2008, 02:27 am »
Thats true, the resale value would be zero. Who is going to buy something that they never heard of without a reputation? No one. Most of the products on AC have been proven in the field and they are highly reguarded in their field of expertise. They are small manufacturers (most) but you could turn around something based on word of mouth.
Mike

kbuzz3

« Reply #77 on: 19 Aug 2008, 02:39 am »
why dont you send an amp to an AC member to then send around to others. I believe other companies have tried this "product tour" approach. 

mcullinan

« Reply #78 on: 19 Aug 2008, 03:01 am »
I know you are planning to have them at Mikes Rave in October... That will be a good time to listen.
Mike

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #79 on: 19 Aug 2008, 03:11 am »
Thats true, the resale value would be zero. Who is going to buy something that they never heard of without a reputation? No one. Most of the products on AC have been proven in the field and they are highly reguarded in their field of expertise. They are small manufacturers (most) but you could turn around something based on word of mouth.
Mike

I disagree.  You would have no problem selling our amps on an auction site like Ebay or Audiogon.  We do have a reputation (from actual customers), although it is not confirmed yet by thousands of users, but then again this was the same case for companies like Krell when they got their start!  We believe in our products and do our best to provide the ultimate in amps.  Thanks for your post.