What I sometimes do on the weekend.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: What I sometimes do on the weekend.
« Reply #20 on: 8 Jun 2017, 01:17 am »
Some of these street legal cars are hitting mph's in the 200 range in the 1/8th now.
Ahh... hence needing 'chutes, extinguishing systems, cages, full fire suits, etc, etc... depending on local rules.
Makes sense.

apstoltz

« Reply #21 on: 8 Jun 2017, 01:50 am »
Nice. You should roll on down to the 405 so we can watch you grab some $ on Street Outlaws.  :D  S-10 seems to be a popular & competitive platform. Enjoy the drags, attended the '67 Nationals in Indy. Saw lots of the greats back then, Big Daddy, The Snake, Stone-Woods-Cook, Connie Kalitta, the Hurst 'cuda, funny cars were just getting started. Keep on truckin'   :thumb:

I will chime in, my dad used to drag race in the 60's andwas in the nationals down in Indy. He is an old hot rodder and at 77 still builds motors and spends most of his day in the garage. This is his 40 willys coupe that he used to race back in the 60's. Blown 392 Chrysler Hemi off headers.

Danny Richie

« Reply #22 on: 8 Jun 2017, 02:19 am »
Old school gasser. I love it.

sandbagger

« Reply #23 on: 8 Jun 2017, 06:07 pm »
This Sat I will be hanging out with my buddy that owns/drives this thing :)

gmurray618

« Reply #24 on: 8 Jun 2017, 08:45 pm »
I'm probably going to have to get a new car this summer.  One of my major priorities will be mileage.   :lol:

Ric Schultz

« Reply #25 on: 8 Jun 2017, 09:24 pm »
Some of these street legal cars are hitting mph's in the 200 range in the 1/8th now.

So funny!  I was at Irwindale raceway when Greer, Black and Prudhomme set the worlds record for the quarter mile at 7.77 seconds.  The next race (for the money) was GBP versus Masters and Richter (who had just set the worlds record for speed the week before at something like 193mph).  Masters and Richter did three wheelies and shut off and GBP did 7.92 to officially back up the new world record.......Now we have street cars that go faster in an eighth mile!

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #26 on: 9 Jun 2017, 01:16 am »
I'm probably going to have to get a new car this summer.  One of my major priorities will be mileage.   :lol:

We had some in my Army unit that got a whopping 4 gal to the mile  :o