BEST STUFF Music reference Rm-9 II, Proac 1.5, Heathkit W5M, EMOTIVE SIRA and

apt_one

I have spent the last 35 years collecting the best gear I have heard. All of these items were ones I planned on keeping forever for multiple systems. It is a difficult decision but since I have more gear that I can listen to regularly, decided to liquidate and have funds go to a good cause - my grandkids education fund.

Email me at apt_one@yahoo.com Local pickup/delivery available in Fairfax, VA.

Music Reference RM-9 MKII - Rosewood base - was converted to MK II by a PHD engineer with Roger's consultation - Excellent condition - $2200 - JJ KT88 output tubes. This was my main amplifier for years and drove my old Monitor Audio MA-3, Harbeth and Celestion SL-600SI speakers wonderfully. This particular amp has a beautiful chassis and was upgraded and has never ever disappointed me in any way. It only got delegated to my secondary system because of my eventual preference for 300B based amplifiers.

Tube Audio Labs WE-91A - Outstanding 9 watt 300B SET amp with custom wood chassis finished in Sedona red - point to point wired - Musical - this amp sings.  $OLD
more infor at http://www.tubeaudiolab.com/id139.html. Point to point wired, output transformers alone are $800. Capacitors: All ASC oil caps in the filter stage, FT/Sprague Atom electrolytics, and Solen bypass caps, more.

I have owned many amplifiers over the years especially 300B amplifier- this amp was compared to and kept and clearly beat out these prestigious amps I have owned/ borrowed at the same time period- Wavelength Duetto, Welborne 300-DRD, Wright 300B monos, JJ-322, Cary 300-SEI, LadyDay 300B, Don Allen 300B..........and those are just the 300B ones I A/B tested this amp against. The only reason I am not keeping it is the choice is between this amp and a pair of upgraded Wavelength Cardinal XS (much more costly amps at $7500 when new.)

Emotive Sira - Updated was by Fred Volz of Emotive Audio to replace two 6Y6GTs with a single 6080. $2100.  The sira is on the lower left.

Heathkit W5-M mono amps (restored) plus matching WP-A2 preamps $1250 - Unlike others on the internet- these are updated the same for both amps- no hodge podge of differences between amps- that matters a lot Bid Deal! See the photos below for details

Please email me for information about any of these items. All are keeper for life quality both sound quality wise and cosmetically, all are musical and get you closer to music than the stuff you can get in the stores these days. I never thought I would sell any of these but it is a shame to let them not be played regularly - so here they are for your enjoyment.  I have been in this hobby over 38 years and will pack your gear intelligently so it arrives to you safely. Thank you for looking. 

Other items I have and will list shortly - please let me know what you are interested in-
Proac 1.5 speakers in black ash  $1175 plus shipping and paypal fee  - one touch up on top center veneer on one speaker and one equivalent replaced tweeter on one speakers. Have two perfect sized boxes and great packing for these speakers to get them to you safe. Much better sounding a better buy than the one SC model.

DIY Proac 2.5 clones - upgraded crossovers    SOLD

Reference 3A MM (Royal Master) earlier version of DeCapo $1050 - sound wonderful!!  Fading in veneer - but look very niec nonetheless and sound great!

Celestion SL-700 speakers (Two pair and matching stands) - slight indentation on one tweeter, otherwise speakers and stands in excellent condition- a rare combo and these compete very favorably with todays best small monitors.  Ships in two boxes. $1199.

Yamaha T-1 Tuner  $125 plus shipping and paypal fee

SOTA Sapphire- oak with oak top plate   Pending
MOTIF MS-100 solid state amp                    SOLD

Thanks.

« Last Edit: 8 Jul 2017, 05:55 pm by apt_one »

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
 Interested in WE 91A. Price as shown with tubes ?

charles

jackthecat121

It doesn't look like Ram el34s in the Music reference amp...

apt_one

Good catch Jack! The RM-9 comes with KT88 tubes, thanks.

apt_one

Please ask me aboit my other items listed on bottom. Thanks.

vintage9594

Price on Proac speakers and Sota turntable? also what is included with Turntable?
thx
Don