Looking for a Second (or first) Table?

Scott F.

Looking for a Second (or first) Table?
« on: 20 May 2017, 09:03 pm »
Not sure if anyone is in the market but I ran across a nice little Systemdek IIX on Craigslist. The person who has it is in Creve Couer and they are asking $400. Looks like it has an arm and cart too. Decent price for a decent suspended table. I used the Systemdek 2X2 with an RB250 for years and liked it a lot.

Here's the link
https://stlouis.craigslist.org/ele/6134708191.html

:thumb:

Baumli

Re: Looking for a Second (or first) Table?
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2017, 06:56 am »
Dear Scott,

We appreciate the alert. That is a very fine turntable, and the option of adjusting the suspension from above takes the hassle out of having a suspended subchassis. I wish the pictures were better so one could discern what arm and cartridge it is. I'm thinking it's an older Sumiko arm and an AudioTechnica cartridge, but I can't be sure. That turntable is known for its beautiful finishes, and this one seems to live up to this reputation. I did some upgrading on one of these a few years ago for a friend, and we both felt it achieved a sound just a very small notch below an LP-12.

But pride (and truth) compel me to say it could never be tweaked to where it would live up to that AR ES-1 with all the Merrill mods you got from me.

Still, for someone wanting a turntable that is truly high end, and can be taken up and up with a better cartridge and eventually a better arm, this is a great place to start--considering that this one is already ahead of the usual starting point.

And isn't the grain of that oak a work of nature's art?

Thank you for the notification,

Baumli