So who is going to LSAF 2014?

mobileholmes

So who is going to LSAF 2014?
« on: 13 Apr 2014, 10:01 pm »
Hello,

Is LSAF dead?  I emailed the site admin, and no answer.  I was told that Wayne had help, so I didn't email Wayne (I emailed the LSAF site).  Everyone I've spoken with either isn't going, can't go, hasn't decided, or is going to another show.  I wanted to put out some analog gear and share a room.   :scratch:

Thanks,
Phillip

gofar99

Re: So who is going to LSAF 2014?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2014, 01:47 am »
Hi,  I was talked into acting as go between the hotel and who ever comes as Wayne could not come.  The LSAF is still on and there are a few days to sign up still.  We Oddwatt will be there as a will a number of others.  I can't speak for the admin site as I don't have anything to do with that.  I believe that Wayne was trying to keep up with that stuff.  Rather that try to recreate everything please check the forum on audioroundtable.com LSAF 2014 for more information.  As always everyone is welcome to attend and I for one enjoy meeting everyone and seeing what they have been up to.

Brad

« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2014, 02:01 am »
I'm surprised you didn't get a response.  I've gotten one within a day or two each time I've emailed regarding this year's show.
info@lonestaraudiofest.com

mobileholmes

« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2014, 02:38 am »
Brad,

Maybe my email wound up in spam.  It's gmail though, and usually I don't have a problem.  Thanks for the response.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 14 Apr 2014, 03:07 am »
Here's hoping it's still on. I've booked a room. First audio show for me.

Mike

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #5 on: 14 Apr 2014, 03:19 am »
I know several people going and booking rooms and bringing their own systems.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 14 Apr 2014, 03:33 am »
Since this will be the first audio show I have ever attended I plan on taking it all in then next year bring some of my own stuff.

Mike

marvda1

« Reply #7 on: 14 Apr 2014, 03:57 am »
mike, bring you cd's or music files.  you can get the alcohol here. if you have a piece of equipment you want to bring there will plenty of rooms you can listen to it in.

Brad

« Reply #8 on: 14 Apr 2014, 04:39 am »
And if you're looking for free alcohol, follow MarvDa1.....    :thumb:

marvda1

« Reply #9 on: 14 Apr 2014, 04:50 am »
amen brother.

tomlinmgt

« Reply #10 on: 14 Apr 2014, 04:51 am »
I'll be attending....will be my third consecutive LSAF (though last year's visit, at just over an hour, was painfully brief).  Hoping for at least as good a turn out from vendors and participants as last year and am seriously considering getting a room next year. 

- Michael

harley52

« Reply #11 on: 15 Apr 2014, 02:51 pm »
If Danny goes I'll be there. Would sure like to meet him. I was thinking of going to the Chicago show but I'm apprx. 750 miles from it and I did enough driving of that kind of distance before I hung up the keys to last two life times.

Danny Richie

« Reply #12 on: 15 Apr 2014, 05:59 pm »
Guys, I am going to have to pass on this one. Last year there were only about 200 people that went not counting vendors. And that might be a high estimate. So for me the cost of going just isn't worth it. It is a lot of work and lots of stuff to take and set up for these shows when I do big rooms. A LOT of work. And the people that went were really there to see what's new and have a good time. There weren't really any buyers.

If the show were advertised more and really worked from the advertising end I think it would really grow, but I have hardly even heard it mentioned all year.

mobileholmes

« Reply #13 on: 15 Apr 2014, 06:14 pm »
Exactly.  And in this day and age, it's easy to advertise and promote cheaply. 

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #14 on: 16 Apr 2014, 01:56 am »
Sigh. . . I might not even be able to hit Chicago for a day let alone LSAF. . .

For those making to the party, one suggestion:  Babes - it is a family style chicken place.  Big food, reasonable price, and delicious.  A few weeks ago, I was actually asking a friend of mine if it is weird to be considering flying back to Texas just for some chicken. . . :thumb:

mobileholmes

« Reply #15 on: 16 Apr 2014, 02:05 am »
I had a Babe's bumper sticker on my truck.  Need to get another one.   :thumb:

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #16 on: 16 Apr 2014, 02:22 am »
Guys, I am going to have to pass on this one. Last year there were only about 200 people that went not counting vendors. And that might be a high estimate. So for me the cost of going just isn't worth it. It is a lot of work and lots of stuff to take and set up for these shows when I do big rooms. A LOT of work. And the people that went were really there to see what's new and have a good time. There weren't really any buyers.

If the show were advertised more and really worked from the advertising end I think it would really grow, but I have hardly even heard it mentioned all year.

What show(s) do you recommend?

Mike

Brad

« Reply #17 on: 16 Apr 2014, 02:25 am »
We had multiple groups go to Babe's Friday and Saturday of LSAF last year.
Yumm

Danny Richie

« Reply #18 on: 16 Apr 2014, 02:58 am »
What show(s) do you recommend?

Mike

RMAF is a really good show. I hear the New Port Beach one is really good too.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #19 on: 16 Apr 2014, 03:01 am »
RMAF is a really good show. I hear the New Port Beach one is really good too.

Thanks