Ask Alanis Morissette: how can I stop drinking so much? | Society | The Guardian

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird

Peter J

• Hmmmm
That's interesting, I didn't know Alanis was giving advice these days. Looks like a regular thing?

I imagine it's mostly the lemonade, it has to be fresh squeezed or it's ineffective, right?

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Do you suppose lemonade would help me overcome my head's addiction to balding?

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
"No vice is worth is worth giving up for an extra 3 years on a geriatric ward". Rumpole of the Baily

Doc

Peter J

• Hmmmm

For that you need to add a Shaman chanting incoherently.

Wind Chaser

You might want to ask Alanis.

I started going bald about 15 years ago, and my hair stylist proscribed Nioxin. Can't say it has gotten any worse since started using it.

mresseguie

You might want to ask Alanis.

I started going bald about 15 years ago, and my hair stylist proscribed Nioxin. Can't say it has gotten any worse since started using it.
For that you need to add a Shaman chanting incoherently.

There's a Tibetan Monastery an hour's drive from where we're staying in Arizona. Perhaps, I should seek their help?

I actually found a better solution to my problem. First I accepted that my hair was losing the battle. Then, I started shaving my head several times a year. I'm due for another shaving as my hairs - yes, they're now countable  :lol: - are 1/4" long.

Wind Chaser

Count yourself fortunate. Some guys can shave their heads and still look alright.

As for Alanis, I'm thinking I might ask her for some advice as to what speakers will best suit my amp.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
Count yourself fortunate. Some guys can shave their heads and still look alright.

As for Alanis, I'm thinking I might ask her for some advice as to what speakers will best suit my amp.

Like all things in life, it's all about balance and synergy. Your equipment knows if your soul is calm and serene and responds in kind.

Scroof Neachy

• I like to smell stuff
She can squeeze my lemons any day!   :thumb:

kenreau

"No vice is worth is worth giving up for an extra 3 years on a geriatric ward". Rumpole of the Baily

Doc

Tru dat! Off to see my saintly mother in law for her 93rd birthday.  She has dementia, in a wheel chair, half her teeth and is just existing, no quality of life and costs $10K per month to care for her.  She lived through the really Great Depression and would have died today from a heart attack knowing her condition and how much her care costs. 

Kenreau

Peter J

• Hmmmm
I have to wonder, given her advisory capacity, if she ever prescribes a jagged little pill?

Or maybe that'd be too ironic.

Am I bombing out yet?

I'll stop.

mresseguie

Not bombing out for me....I didn't know about the LP/CD. About to listen to it now.... :thumb:

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer

I think only Alanis is truly qualified to answer your question but, citing a little known Study that I might have just made up, the answer is yes, definitely. See below.

Before lemonade treatment:

After lemonade treatment:

So, you see Michael, it really, really works. You should try it tonight and film yourself doing so and then post the film on AC. I know we'd all be interested in seeing it, purely for scientific reasons of course.

Peter J

• Hmmmm

Peter J

• Hmmmm
Not bombing out for me....I didn't know about the LP/CD. About to listen to it now.... :thumb:

Derailing thread here a little, but if I had to choose my favorite, it would be  this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Jagged-Little-Acoustic-ALANIS-MORISSETTE/dp/B0009WFF0Y

Less angst, more mellow...like me.

I haven't heard most recent.

mresseguie

I think only Alanis is truly qualified to answer your question but, citing a little known Study that I might have just made up, the answer is yes, definitely. See below.

Before lemonade treatment:

After lemonade treatment:

So, you see Michael, it really, really works. You should try it tonight and film yourself doing so and then post the film on AC. I know we'd all be interested in seeing it, purely for scientific reasons of course.

Do you suppose I should wear clothes for the video?

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
Do you suppose I should wear clothes for the video?

Oh, I would strongly recommend that you don't. Don't worry. It's the Internet ... What's the worst that could happen?
« Last Edit: 15 May 2016, 12:27 pm by Kenneth Patchen »

Mikeinsacramento

Tru dat! Off to see my saintly mother in law for her 93rd birthday.  She has dementia, in a wheel chair, half her teeth and is just existing, no quality of life and costs $10K per month to care for her.  She lived through the really Great Depression and would have died today from a heart attack knowing her condition and how much her care costs. 

Kenreau

You are a fine Son-In-Law coughing up $120,000 per year to take care of her.

GRACE RUBY

This woman should stick to singing, and if she is gonna open a door to answers she should not do it with out helping give folks the power to walk thru.

You can destroy a person taking their meds and not giving them another place to go first, if the drinking  was for pain relief, they could commit suicide.

Alcoholism is a physiological disease proven in that, a alcoholic has a IQ increase with one drink, they simply get healthier, smarter. fatty alcohols are traceable in all non alcoholic populations except alcoholics, all balance diets produce alcohol, but a alcoholic has none, it is a complex issue, everyone needs a small amount of alcohol in the blood to think straight, alcoholics produce Zero fatty alcohols  so they drink to get normal, the best thing a alcoholic can do for them selves is eat a bowl of granola with a yeast tablet and water, that will produce alcohol.

Tho it is fact some non alcoholics ruin their lives with booze, but for reasons closer to Alanis's half baked BS.

This woman telling anyone anything this deep, should be seen as nothing more then the most major problem this society has had for a long long time, Celebrity As Everything and Teflon.

The facts are, most times actors and celebs are the most empty minds there are, you don't go to some one who needs "Lines" to be a person to find out how to be a person tho some live through this experience and grow  to become incredible National Treasures, like Sidney Poitier, his book "Making Of A Man" is stellar and a must read for anyone who wants to claim adult person-hood, and its a page turner, he could not read when he came to America.

Another real soul out there is Sheryl Crow, profound mind and taste, toss the music, just read the lyrics.

I apologize for sounding so brutal, but you just don't go around giving advice off the top of your head, you can scar people badly doing that.

Any one who wants to come out of the woods on booze should read what every therapist calls the last word book on alcoholism--Under the Influence   

http://lsrbooks.blogspot.com/2007/04/under-influence-guide-to-myths-and.html

Ruby.