SOLD Salk Sound Veracity HT3's in Macassar Ebony (will ship)

tarnumf

SOLD

Up for sale are my beautiful Salk HT3's.
Price: $2500

Shipping: I would prefer the local sale (Denver, CO), but I also can ship them, please PM me your zip code for the quote.

They were made in 2006 and have the following options:

Tri-amping enabled
Sonic Caps w/ Sonic Cap Platinum Teflon Bypass Caps $ 600
Alpha Core Inductors $ 350
Acoustic Zen internal tri-wiring $ 400
3 Sets of Cardas Standard Binding Posts $ 100
Black Hole 5 Cabinet Dampening Pads $ 300
Woofer Grills $ 100
Macassar Ebony w/ Black Lacquer Baffles, Plinths & Port Tube Covers $1,000

Total $7,845

The base price today is $1000 more so these babies would go for close to $9K today.
The Macassar Ebony is a much desired finish and often requested on new Salk speakers.
It really looks dramatic in person and I get a lot of complements when people visit.
There are some blemishes on the top front edges, about 1/2 inch piece chipped on on one speaker, also some carpet rash on bases - check pictures.

« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2014, 05:11 am by tarnumf »

revrob

Re: FS Salk Sound Veracity HT3's in Macassar Ebony (will ship)
« Reply #1 on: 1 Nov 2014, 07:37 pm »
I used to own a pair and the only reason I sold mine was for my son's college tuition. These are one of the best speakers out there and for this price a super bargain. I don't know the seller but these would be on my short list for speakers of this quality for this price. Good luck with the sale.

tarnumf

« Reply #2 on: 2 Nov 2014, 01:14 am »
Thank you, revrob! I'm selling my pair for life circumstances too - have to move around due to work and want something more mobile.

indigoblue

« Reply #3 on: 2 Nov 2014, 08:53 pm »
Hi,

If you don't mind, what are you using for amplification?    Thanks!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2 Nov 2014, 09:01 pm »
Hi,

If you don't mind, what are you using for amplification?    Thanks!

PC (lossless files, foobar2000) -> Benchmark DAC2 via USB 2.0 -> a) Hypex DIY NC400 stereo amp -> Salk Audio HT3 speakers b) Beyerdynamic DT880-600 Ohm headphones

tarnumf

« Reply #5 on: 3 Nov 2014, 12:53 am »
Yep, Hypex NC400 amp - sold it last week.

Airborn

These are now mine, thanks tarnumf. :banana piano:

Rocket

Hi,

I have a pair of HT3's absolutely great sounding speakers.  You need to throw good quality watts at it though.  Happy listening.

Cheers Rod

Airborn

Hi,

I have a pair of HT3's absolutely great sounding speakers.  You need to throw good quality watts at it though.  Happy listening.

Cheers Rod
Thanks Rod.  Yes, I know how power hungry the HT3's are.  I've got NCore monos rated at 400 watts into 4 ohm and almost 600 watts into 2 ohm, with a damping factor of almost 1000 into a 2 ohm load, at 20 kHz.  So I think my amps won't be a problem.  Also, these HT3's are capable of tri-amping, so I can even try adding other amps (I've got Odyssey Khartago and Butler Audio TDB-3150 amps also).  I've never tri-amped before though, so for now I'm just running the NCores with tri-wire jumpers.  Still sounds great though!  :thumb:

Rocket

Hi,

If I lived in the US I would have been all over these.  I bought mine from Jim in 2013 as my other Salk Sound HT2's were damaged and I decided to sell them.  Jim gave me a deal on a cabinet in stock which were cut for the aurum cantus g2 ribbon. 

I really like the speakers and I hope you do to.  Have you ever heard a pair of Salk Sound speakers?

Cheers Rod