Re: BDP FIRMWARE UPDATE
« Reply #20 on: 3 Oct 2017, 03:48 am »
I just completed the upgrade, and my initial impression is WOW|

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #21 on: 3 Oct 2017, 12:54 pm »
I am getting a "Bryston DB File Crash" notice with the upgrade. Did I do something wrong when enabling Bryston Database?

Also, is this upgrade of limited value if all my files are either WAV or DSF? Does it enhance processing of files/functionality, not just viewing.

Thanks

Please place the BDP into service mode and email us the service id. Depending on how consistent the file folder structure is it may still work or pick up some of your library.

http://support.bryston.com/downloads/BDP/Manic%20Moose%20Manual.pdf

gbaby

« Reply #22 on: 3 Oct 2017, 04:47 pm »
James, you may recall that I asked you how to save my playlist after the upgrade. Well I am happy to report that my playlists were saved after the 2.36 upgrade. Now I want to find out how I can get the artist displayed in the window.

Hoiman

« Reply #23 on: 4 Oct 2017, 06:12 am »
I also did the update (from 2.34 to 2.36) and what struck me is that when a list of music is played in random mode, it plays a lot of the same artist.
I mean with this that for example I have artist A, B, C and D in one list. First it plays a lot of artist A then a lot of music from artist C etc.. 
Before it played one song of A then another one of C and  then another one of D, with other words really at random, now it looks like this isn't the case anymore. I will try it again this afternoon.

Anyone same problem?

ps I have an BDP-3.

Marius

« Reply #24 on: 4 Oct 2017, 08:03 am »
Anyone same problem?

ps I have an BDP-3.

never play at random  :green:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #25 on: 4 Oct 2017, 09:50 am »
Anyone same problem?

ps I have an BDP-3.

Hi

I seem to recall there was a setting for playing similar genre but Chris should be able to help.

james

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #26 on: 4 Oct 2017, 12:31 pm »
If your using th random/shuffle option you may also want to turn on consume to prevent the BDP from replaying a track.

Xinon

« Reply #27 on: 4 Oct 2017, 01:53 pm »
I have the Bdp3 and updated without problem :thumb:

Going through the menus I noticed the CPU load was at 86%-89%, I turned off the DLNA Client and CPU load dropped to 10,3%.
Dont know if having DLNA Client turned on have any impact on sound, but I rarely use it so I will keep it off.
The Bdp3 chassis temperature dropped significantly.

Hoiman

« Reply #28 on: 4 Oct 2017, 03:33 pm »
you may also want to turn on consume to prevent the BDP from replaying a track.

Consume is always on, so that isn't the problem.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #29 on: 5 Oct 2017, 04:45 am »
hi, Bryston!

after updating to 2.36 my BDP-1 seemed to work fine. but after a while when playing a few songs the system crashes over and over again. the knobs on the player‘s front don‘t work anymore as well...

anyone any idea??

thanks,

al.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #30 on: 5 Oct 2017, 03:28 pm »
Hi Al,

Is it locking up while rebuilding the Bryston DB?  Otherwise it might be best to give us a call or email me directly with the BDP in servce mode with the service ID.

Page 24

http://support.bryston.com/downloads/BDP/Manic%20Moose%20Manual.pdf

Chris

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #31 on: 5 Oct 2017, 04:37 pm »
Chris,

yes i think it‘s DB...

will give you a call or write an email. thanks

Tympani

« Reply #32 on: 6 Oct 2017, 12:43 pm »
I would encourage those having difficulties with the 2.36 update, to contact Chris via Service Mode. In my case, the DB Crash problem was not with the new firmware, but a glitch in how the update from Loony Loon to Manic Moose had been executed on my BDP2, which only revealed itself with this most recent firmware. Chris is a fantastic resource, and using Service Mode access and a follow-up call yesterday evening, got things working perfectly :thumb:

Mbain

« Reply #33 on: 27 Oct 2017, 02:42 pm »
Chris,
     Since upgrading from MM2.34 to 2.36 on my Bdp-1 I find that when in artist view I am not able to develop a playlist by selecting individual songs.  When the song title is touched it immediately begins to play without being entered in a playlist.  Also i find that I can no longer add music to my locally attached hard drive via a remote location by attempting to connect to the server.  I get a message window that states" there was a problem connecting to the server "Bryston-bdp-1.local"  The server may not exist or it is unavailable at this time. Check the server name or IP address, check your network connection and try again."  I have done these things multiple times without success.  My bdp is configured in "man cave mode" with a local router not attached to the internet.  Please help.

Mark   

Mbain

« Reply #34 on: 28 Oct 2017, 04:05 pm »
My problem identified and described above remains.  Perhaps with more info a solution will be offered by someone.  I am able via my iPad to access the dash board, and media player via the bdp’s attached router.  I am able to select and play music.  What I can’t so is see my locally attached hard drive for purposes of adding additional music files.  Any ideas?

Mark

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #35 on: 28 Oct 2017, 04:26 pm »
I've always added music files by powering down the BDP, detaching drive, and adding to drive thru desktop. Reattaching to BDP and power up.
Painless, fail-proof.
And gets me moving, off my butt.  :thumb:

Marius

« Reply #36 on: 30 Oct 2017, 09:41 am »
My problem identified and described above remains.  Perhaps with more info a solution will be offered by someone.  I am able via my iPad to access the dash board, and media player via the bdp’s attached router.  I am able to select and play music.  What I can’t so is see my locally attached hard drive for purposes of adding additional music files.  Any ideas?

Mark

did you enable the SMB service? it is required for having shares (attached drives) show up in your file system on pc/mac.
Also.you may wan to try the actual ip address, instead of the bryston-bdp-1.local.

Cheers,
Marius

Mbain

« Reply #37 on: 31 Oct 2017, 06:02 pm »
Since my last post my network issue has been resolved by detaching my router, treating it as it was new and totally reconfiguring it.  Problem solved.  Now I find that the bdp interface no longer allows me to develop playlists as tracks are selected and the music playing functions on the top of the medial player page ie. Start stop, advance etc. are all non functional.  Now what, starting to get frustrated.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #38 on: 31 Oct 2017, 07:58 pm »

Mbain

« Reply #39 on: 1 Nov 2017, 08:14 pm »
Once again Chris to the rescue!  Up and running again.  Chris is an invaluable asset.

Mark