Affordable$$$Audio Best of 2007 - - - Two Awards to ACI :)

Mike Dzurko

Affordable$$$Audio, Best of 2007 Awards:

Complete Issue at:   www.affordableaudio.org

ACI Sapphire XL compact monitors - Sean Fowler

"Great value and all around performance in a compact monitor"
Although Audio Concepts, Inc has offered the Sapphire XL since early 2005 -we feel that it still warrants recognition for delivering exceptional value and performance in its range. The Sapphire XL is of a rare breed of loudspeaker that can appeal to both our hard-to-please audiophile side along with the music lover within. Their sound is consistently engaging - no matter the music - no matter the electronics.

ACI Force XL Subwoofer - Craig Johnson

ACI updated the looks of their Force subwoofer last year and renamed it the Force XL to match their Sapphire XL monitors. All other features, specifications and performance attributes of the previous generation. In reviewing the older Force model I found that it provided a taut, well-defined foundation that increased the sense of dynamics, fullness and space while extending my system's response down into the bottom octave. It is also able to generate incredibly thunderous and deep bass that fills the room when called into action, which was quite surprising for such a diminutive subwoofer based on 10" driver in a sealed cabinet. Additionally, the Force's dual crossovers and variable phase allow it to blend seamlessly with your main speakers. The fact that the new XL model has a much nicer appearance for about the same price ($799) makes it that much more appealing.

Thank you Sean and Craig!
« Last Edit: 5 Jan 2008, 02:14 pm by Mike Dzurko »

Affordable$$Audio

Re: Affordable$$$Audio Best of 2007 - - - Two Awards to ACI :)
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jan 2008, 12:26 am »
Mike:
Your right in thanking Sean and Craig, as all the awards were decided by the writers.
Mark

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #2 on: 6 Jan 2008, 02:05 pm »
Mike:
Your right in thanking Sean and Craig, as all the awards were decided by the writers.
Mark

Mark:

Yes, but writers can't be read if they don't have a place to publish.  Thanks to you Mark for putting together a fine publication. It just keeps getting better!   :D

Zero

« Reply #3 on: 7 Jan 2008, 03:17 am »
Since we are on the thank-you merry go round..  :lol:  the bulk of credit belongs to Mike for giving us mere mortals an affordable taste of true hi-fi. Every compliment the XL's have received are well earned.

Congrats Mike! Heres to a GREAT 2008!

Eric

« Reply #4 on: 7 Jan 2008, 03:40 pm »
Thanks, Mike for making such great products

Affordable$$Audio

« Reply #5 on: 7 Jan 2008, 10:06 pm »
Now, if I could ever get a chance to hear the Sapphire's myself!! :drool:

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #6 on: 8 Jan 2008, 12:13 pm »
Now, if I could ever get a chance to hear the Sapphire's myself!! :drool:

Mark:

Definitely something we should make happen  :D   Where are you located again?

Affordable$$Audio

« Reply #7 on: 8 Jan 2008, 04:21 pm »
Portland, OR Mike.

griller

« Reply #8 on: 9 Jan 2008, 02:51 pm »
My Force XL ROCKS!!!   Congrats to the ACI team once again. Now charge my card and get me my bleep bleep Sapphire XLs, the wait is killing me!

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #9 on: 10 Jan 2008, 02:02 pm »
My Force XL ROCKS!!!   Congrats to the ACI team once again. Now charge my card and get me my bleep bleep Sapphire XLs, the wait is killing me!

Yes they are to die for  :lol:  Cabinets arrived and we are starting to get caught up a bit. I'd think yours should be on the way early next week.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #10 on: 11 Jan 2008, 01:26 pm »
Portland, OR Mike.

Mark:

I was going to invite you to a listening session in our new room, but that would be a bit of a drive  :duh:  Zap me an email and we'll work on another plan  :green:

Jtcooper87

« Reply #11 on: 11 Dec 2018, 12:00 am »
I'm about to get my hands on a Maestro XL. Any suggestions on what type of speakers to pair with it? I have some Klispch RP bookshelf speakers that are pretty good, but I'm worried they may not be enough to match the new sub. Any suggestions are welcome!!!

dB Cooper

« Reply #12 on: 11 Dec 2018, 05:32 am »
A 11 year old thread about a review by an audio rag that is out of business of a speaker made by a company that is out of business.... huh?