FS: Magnepan MG12 with Sound Anchor stands $500 (SOLD)

timind

• permanent vacation
For sale, a nice pair of Magnepan MG 12qrs in the tan cloth with dark cherry side rails and a pair of Sound Anchor stands. These stands are a $200 option and bring the level of performance up a couple notches. For $500, you're looking at serious good sound.
The speakers operate perfectly and cosmetics are very good. The only issues are a couple of minor marks on the side rails which are only noticeable if you go looking for them and one small hole in the cloth at the bottom of one speaker.
Along with the Sound Anchor stands I have the standard Magnepan stands, the original packaging, the manual, Magnepan badges as well as the resistors and jumpers to tailor the sound of the tweeters.
If you are near Indianapolis you are welcome to listen to the speakers before packing them up. I would much prefer not to ship these speakers and would prefer local pick up. Or I would be happy to drive 100 miles or so to deliver.
If shipping is needed, I have some triple corrugated cardboard to build a second box around the original box which will greatly improve chances for a safe trip. Buyer pays for shipping of the speakers and I'll pay to ship the stands in a separate box. If you need feedback, check AudioGon under username timrhu.

Here are a few pics:

« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2014, 05:16 pm by timind »

bisP

Re: FS: Magnepan MG12 with Sound Anchor stands $500
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2014, 03:47 pm »
How old are the speakers ?  rgds -Bis

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2014, 01:26 pm »
I answered Bisp's question in a pm reply but should post it here as well in case anyone else is interested.
Quote from pm: "I don't know the exact age of the speakers. I picked them up from the original owner and didn't ask their age. Pretty sure they are an early model as he told me he used them for a few years and then bought a pair of Magnepan 20s and stored these speakers away.
They work perfectly as the ad states. In fact I spent an hour or so listening this evening and enjoyed the heck out of them."

KKM

« Reply #3 on: 15 Sep 2014, 04:10 am »
Magnepan will give you the manufacture date if you contact them with the serial number.