NFL Football ('14-'15)

rodge827

Re: NFL Football ('14-'15)
« Reply #400 on: 21 Dec 2014, 03:45 am »
  A pro coach would have known this, a college coach puts much less value on individual players.  It's a different game Chip, you need every good player no matter if they might be a prima donna, live with it, it's your job.

+1  :scratch:

charmerci

« Reply #401 on: 21 Dec 2014, 09:59 am »
I bet there are a lot of Redskin fans in Dallas right now. Eagles are down 27-24 in the 4th qtr. with 9 minutes remaining.

:lol:   Well, there are now no Redskin fans in Dallas because they play each other next.

...and how did you know the final score with 9 minutes left in the game!  :scratch: :thumb:

geowak

« Reply #402 on: 21 Dec 2014, 03:19 pm »
What kind of talk is that?  Little Johnny put on a helluva entertaining performance!!

After the Bengal got penalized for taunting Mr. Football, I can't help but think the ref patted the guy on the back and said "I'm sorry, the rules say I HAVE to flag you, but I'm sure glad you did that!"

:rotflmao:

Go, Johnny Go...Go. Go...Johnny Go. Johnny be good.....

jimdgoulding

« Reply #403 on: 21 Dec 2014, 04:13 pm »
We shall see.  He needs a lotta work appears to me.  Once he is THE starter he will need an offensive coordinator to play to his strengths.  Might not even be in Cleveland.  Who can say.

jackman

« Reply #404 on: 21 Dec 2014, 04:36 pm »
We shall see.  He needs a lotta work appears to me.  Once he is THE starter he will need an offensive coordinator to play to his strengths.  Might not even be in Cleveland.  Who can say.

I feel sorry for Johnny Football. Breaking into the NFL is rough for a rookie QB. The majority of them fail.  Plus, his style and size many not work at this level and he's got s rough schedule to test it out. Johnny hasn't beat up any women or children, he hasn't raped or killed anyone and his only offense has been his cockiness.  By nfl standards, he is a saint or at least a model citizen.

I hope he makes it for several reasons. Cleveland is a dreary place and they have great, dedicated fans. I wish he would have gone somewhere like NO and played in a fast paced offense (when Drew retires) on the carpet but that's not in the cards.  Johnny is an inaccurate passer who needs time to catch up with the speed of the game at this level.  Whether he can or can't will not be known this year.  I would just like to see some glimmer of hope and haven't seen it yet from him at this level.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #405 on: 21 Dec 2014, 08:17 pm »
:lol:   Well, there are now no Redskin fans in Dallas because they play each other next.

...and how did you know the final score with 9 minutes left in the game!  :scratch: :thumb:
The same way I know that Pittsburgh is going to win another Super Bowl this year. I hacked in and got a copy of the script.
Goodell gets a huge off-season raise also.

rodge827

« Reply #406 on: 21 Dec 2014, 08:27 pm »
The same way I know that Pittsburgh is going to win another Super Bowl this year. I hacked in and got a copy of the script.
Goodell gets a huge off-season raise also.

It was youuu!, I knew the North Koreans weren't smart enough!  :lol:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #407 on: 21 Dec 2014, 08:34 pm »
It was youuu!, I knew the North Koreans weren't smart enough!  :lol:

Keep your voice down or you're next.

rodge827

« Reply #408 on: 21 Dec 2014, 09:01 pm »
Keep your voice down or you're next.

:no_speak:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #409 on: 21 Dec 2014, 10:25 pm »
Attention, all Cowboy fans.

I'm watching your team chew up the Colts right now. Sooooooo-on behalf of myself and all my fellow Bronco fans, as a gesture of respect and congratulations, we want to give you the announcers who are praising your team so lavishly right now. That's right!!!

Phil and Jim are all yours. We're willing to let you have Phil Simms to announce all of your games from now on. Considering the gushing he has done so far today, I would imagine your are thrilled with this opportunity.

You're Welcome!!!

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #410 on: 21 Dec 2014, 10:56 pm »
The Boys have more fans that avidly hate them and love them than any other franchise.  The announcers will say whatever they think will resonate with the greatest number of watchers.  Hence, the hyperbole both pro and con.  I still remember those (here at AC as well) that indicated that they thought the Cowboys would finish 32nd this year  :wink:.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #411 on: 21 Dec 2014, 11:31 pm »
The Boys have more fans that avidly hate them and love them than any other franchise.  The announcers will say whatever they think will resonate with the greatest number of watchers.  Hence, the hyperbole both pro and con.  I still remember those (here at AC as well) that indicated that they thought the Cowboys would finish 32nd this year  :wink:.

No kidding. AC members made bold predictions that did not come to pass?

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #412 on: 21 Dec 2014, 11:36 pm »
No kidding. AC members made bold predictions that did not come to pass?
I know... I'm stunned as well.  :thumb: But I must admit, even though a fan since the Meredith days, I thought Dallas would be closer to being 4-12 than 12-4.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #413 on: 22 Dec 2014, 12:47 am »
that they thought the Cowboys would finish 32nd this year  :wink:.

Still could happen. :thumbdown:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #414 on: 22 Dec 2014, 01:08 am »
I've been down on the Cowboys vehemently for the past five years or so.  Romo, Jason Garrett, and Jerry Jones were my pet wankers.  I just didn't think Jones had a handle on it until about now.  I dunno whose idea it was the beef up the O line but Jones had to buy in- literally.  I don't believe that I've seen Romo play this well this consistently ever.  He hasn't been under a lot of pressure from opposing defenses . . except for Arizona last time out.  Speaking of which, good game tonite.  The Seahawks are an awfully good team that Dallas has beaten this season. 

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #415 on: 22 Dec 2014, 05:07 am »
I've been down on the Cowboys vehemently for the past five years or so.  Romo, Jason Garrett, and Jerry Jones were my pet wankers.  I just didn't think Jones had a handle on it until about now.

I think it's more the fact that even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally. :lol:

charmerci

« Reply #416 on: 22 Dec 2014, 09:22 am »
Sure, they've looked really good so far...but Dec. isn't over yet - plus there is still the first game of the playoffs. Packers/Lions are playing so they won't get a first round bye and probably won't play the Panthers or Falcons to get them through the 1st round.

Rclark

« Reply #417 on: 22 Dec 2014, 10:57 am »
Seahawks!!!!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #418 on: 22 Dec 2014, 05:00 pm »
Well, Mark Sanchez balloon got busted and didn't Dallas bust it for him and the Eagles expertly?  Sorry Eagles fans.  Anybody think Dallas can beat Seattle in a couple weeks?  Jason Garrett still worries me.  But, not Seattle's head coach and Seattle owes em one.  I'm guessing that match-up is assured.  Like to see Romo keep it up (league MVP?).  Houston looks promising for next year.  I'm starting to like their coach a lot and Clowney should be in the line-up and their most recent QB has some spunk.  Manziel look any better?  Couldn't see a down where I'm at. 

New Orleans just befuddles the crap outta me.  What the hell is going on down there?  Getting rid of Sproles has cost em, imo.   

Isn't December a gas.

Freo-1

« Reply #419 on: 22 Dec 2014, 05:23 pm »
Don't see anyone beating the Seahawks.  They are on a roll right now.  The scary thing is Russell Wilson is getting better at the passing game.  The Patriots COULD maybe get by the Seahawks, but can't see it right now.

I would be a happy camper if the Lions could somehow get by the Packers this coming week.  Rodgers is dinged up, and if Detroit brings their A game pass rush, yoou never know.