Tropical storm Erika to visit Tortuga Audio

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Innovated passive & active preamp technology
    • Tortuga Audio
Tropical storm Erika to visit Tortuga Audio
« on: 28 Aug 2015, 02:20 pm »
Looks like it's going to be a stormy Monday here in Tortuga land.
The forecast has been wobbling left and right the past few days
but as of Friday morning we are smack in the middle of its path.
Thankfully the forecasters don't think this will strengthen into a hurricane.    :o

mav52

Re: Tropical storm Erika to visit Tortuga Audio
« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2015, 02:51 pm »
I thinks its going to be a wet one for most of Fla if this storm follows the current path of right dead center, but these things have a life of their own.   My daughter lives in Cape Coral on Bayshore Dr.

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2015, 03:02 pm »
I thinks its going to be a wet one for most of Fla if this storm follows the current path of right dead center, but these things have a life of their own.   My daughter lives in Cape Coral on Bayshore Dr.

I'm in the southern end of the Cape as well. About 6 miles from Bayshore. Tropical storms usually dump tons of rain and in the past rarely got above 40-50 mph. Messy but not too crazy. Local flooding likely but this close to the gulf it runs off quickly. The wild card is storm surge but with only TS winds that should be limited.

milford3

« Reply #3 on: 28 Aug 2015, 03:19 pm »
I went through Super Storm Sandy in my condo in Sea Bright NJ.  I hope Florida does not go though what I experienced.

http://www.rsvlts.com/2012/11/04/a-first-look-at-hurricane-sandys-destruction-of-sea-bright-nj-30-hq-photos/#7

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #4 on: 28 Aug 2015, 03:29 pm »
I went through Super Storm Sandy in my condo in Sea Bright NJ.  I hope Florida does not go though what I experienced.

http://www.rsvlts.com/2012/11/04/a-first-look-at-hurricane-sandys-destruction-of-sea-bright-nj-30-hq-photos/#7

I have family/friends in NJ who were impacted as well. Sandy was ugly. Hopefully Erika doesn't escalate into a hurricane.

mav52

« Reply #5 on: 28 Aug 2015, 03:32 pm »

I'm in the southern end of the Cape as well. About 6 miles from Bayshore. Tropical storms usually dump tons of rain and in the past rarely got above 40-50 mph. Messy but not too crazy. Local flooding likely but this close to the gulf it runs off quickly. The wild card is storm surge but with only TS winds that should be limited.

I've been through my share of these things.   Having retired from the teleco world, we had to rebuild much of the outside plant in Miami after Andrew, then there is Charlie, Wilma etc... Didn't work on the Kartrina aftermath.    Sandy was the be all of the tropical storms.   When the storm surge is limited there is the real threat of tornado's that these things spawn.   

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #6 on: 1 Sep 2015, 02:15 pm »
Just to close this out. Erika completely fell apart and all we received was some light occasional rain and ZERO wind. So we didn't so much dodge the bullet as the bullet just stopped and fell on the ground. Not disappointed.  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #7 on: 1 Sep 2015, 02:17 pm »
I was watching the progress while at the Capital Audiofest in Maryland. Before I left I let some water out of the pool in anticipation and it was fine when I got back.