Audio Shows

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
Audio Shows
« on: 27 Nov 2015, 06:42 pm »
Hello friends,

The Vr-55 Aktives are being shown at two different audio shows as I type this. Our distributor for China is presenting the 55’s at the Guangzhou show and our distributor for Singapore is showing at the International Sound & Sight Exhibition. I will be posting pictures of these shows as I receive them.
Here is a picture from Singapore. Wow!!!!!!! What a setup. Pureaudio electronics including their phono pre. I’ve used the Pureaudio electronics at the Newport Show and fell in love with them. They are fantastic. I had to have them. So I now sell the Pureaudio line in the Los Angeles/Inland Empire areas.

Enjoy the pics.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Re: Audio Shows
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2015, 07:10 pm »
BAM!  Man that is one sweet setup...cabling?

JackD201

« Reply #2 on: 27 Nov 2015, 07:40 pm »
Hi Leif are Pureaudio the ex-Plinius people?

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #3 on: 27 Nov 2015, 08:58 pm »
Yes but I personally think the Pureaudio is far better

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #4 on: 27 Nov 2015, 08:59 pm »
BAM!  Man that is one sweet setup...cabling?

Master-Built silly

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #5 on: 28 Nov 2015, 12:59 am »
Here is a picture with Tom Vu of Triangle Arts.  I see the Tannoy Kingdom Royals in the back.

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #6 on: 28 Nov 2015, 02:31 pm »
Beautiful pictures... Can't ya just picture those 55's in a gold colored, high gloss finish tho? 

Delacroix

« Reply #7 on: 28 Nov 2015, 04:28 pm »
Wow indeed -- those Triangle Arts tables always catch my eye at shows........not sure I could see one in my home but every room I've seen them in, they just draw people toward the, they are so striking. Those PureAudio amps look sweet too, new one to me. Leif, what can you tell us about their phono stage?

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #8 on: 28 Nov 2015, 06:28 pm »
Hello Delacroix,

This is a tough one for me.  Since my introduction back into high end audio in 2007, I have been a digital source guy.  It wasn't until The Show Newport 2015 that I stepped out of the box and showed the Endeavor E-5 speakers with both a digital source and vinyl.  I used Pureaudio's new Class A stereo amplifier along with their control pre amp and their phono pre provided to me by Colleen Cardas Imports. Marc and Colleen were awesome room partners for the show.  Marc brought his personal vinyl collection.  It was pretty sweet.  Oracle was also a room partner. We had the Oracle MkIV turntable.  All I could think of when the music was playing was what the hell have I been thinking lol.  The vinyl was hypnotizing and had a depth to it that I don't have the words for.  Digital couldn't touch it.  A few people I know think the Pureaudio phono pre is unbeatable for it's price vs performance.  Many of the rooms I visited at the shows would make me agree.  I felt the Endeavor room was top notch. Of course I'm probably a little biased.   We never left the 25 watt Class A mode for the show.  Please keep in mind the many different variables in trying to evaluate other electronics at an audio show. 

So the honest answer is..................I don't have good frame of references of different phono pre's with the same electronics and speakers.  But from what I heard the E-5's sound like, I couldn't imagine needing to spend more for anything else. 

The Pureaudio electronics are definitely one of my top list.

http://www.pureaudio.co.nz/?page_id=37

I would expect to see both Endeavor and Von Schweikert showing with vinyl at the shows.

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #9 on: 28 Nov 2015, 06:40 pm »

Beautiful pictures... Can't ya just picture those 55's in a gold colored, high gloss finish tho?
These are still one of my favorite colors.  Hope you agree lol

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #10 on: 28 Nov 2015, 08:29 pm »
Wow

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #11 on: 28 Nov 2015, 09:32 pm »
These are still one of my favorite colors.  Hope you agree lol

they happen to be a personal favorite of mine too!  Ya done good, Leif!