• Where's The Bar?
Re: NFL Football ('15 -'16)
« Reply #120 on: 27 Nov 2015, 03:45 pm »
Jerry Jones is the new Al Davis.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #121 on: 27 Nov 2015, 03:52 pm »
It's shocking how fast he went from NFL Executive of the Year in 2014 to buffoon in 2015 Wink2.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #122 on: 27 Nov 2015, 03:59 pm »
Yes, Al Davis received the same accolade in 2002.

finsup

« Reply #123 on: 27 Nov 2015, 07:44 pm »
Is Carolina really that good or is Dallas that bad ?

Carolina is often dismissed and it may take a SB win for them to finally get the respect they deserve this year.

sts9fan

« Reply #124 on: 27 Nov 2015, 07:47 pm »
Buffoon that build the most valuable sports franchise in the world.

finsup

« Reply #125 on: 27 Nov 2015, 09:48 pm »
Agree with you, sts9fan.  That said, the Cowboys just got there a$$ handed to them and we're still talking about them.

twitch54

« Reply #126 on: 27 Nov 2015, 10:11 pm »
The Iggles must really suck.

ya think ???? ................90 pts given up in 5 days .............never in the history of the franchise has that happened.

Phila (sports wise) just plain SUCKS !!!! none of their professional (Quasi that is) sports teams has won a game in the month of November !  Pathetic doesn't even do that town justice !

twitch54

« Reply #127 on: 27 Nov 2015, 10:12 pm »
Buffoon that build the most valuable sports franchise in the world.

more than the Yankees ?? no way ..............

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #128 on: 27 Nov 2015, 10:12 pm »
Heard the Eagles are just going to forfeit the rest of the season....

finsup

« Reply #129 on: 27 Nov 2015, 10:33 pm »
more than the Yankees ?? no way ..............

For 2015, Forbes has them in a 2-way tie............................behind Real Madrid.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #130 on: 28 Nov 2015, 02:59 am »
Heard the Eagles are just going to forfeit the rest of the season....

Probably an effort to keep the scoring closer......

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #131 on: 28 Nov 2015, 05:07 am »
Ya know, you can all really just stick it where the sun don't shine.  Yes, the Eagles are a crappy football team.  There have been and are plenty of teams that are worse, like the Cowgirls, Chargers, Browns, Titans.  Nobody wants Chip Kelly gone more than Eagle fans, but everyone was hot to get him for their team when he came into the league.  And that the team is much worse than it was now that the second string QB is starting, big surprise there.  All that and they're only a game an a half back in the pitiful NFC East.  Not likely based on their recent play, but they could win the division.  So the childish piling on is unwarranted.

notany

« Reply #132 on: 28 Nov 2015, 05:47 am »
Cheer up.  Last year the Bears gave up back to back 50 games, with a bye in-between.  Now look at us, 5-6.  Well, at least we aren't a joke.  Anymore.  So far.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #133 on: 28 Nov 2015, 02:25 pm »
The general consensus is that Lurie will take away the GM job from Chip at the end of the year.  He may or may not walk at that point, if he does go, so much the better, see ya.  His talent management has been the worst I've seen in 50 years of watching pro football.  Letting pro bowl guard Evin Mathis go for nothing, letting Desean Jackson go for nothing, mishandling Jeremy Macklin's contract negotiating, trading Shady McCoy for Kiko Alonso who is damaged goods, passing up Derek Carr in the draft to trade for Sam Bradford, paying Byron Maxwell big money as a shut down corner who can't cover or tackle, the horrible, horrible drafts, the list just goes on and on.  We'll leave out the unimaginative on the field coaching for this discussion.  Apparently no one told Chip that NFL stands for Not For Long if you keep making those kinds of blunders.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #134 on: 28 Nov 2015, 04:40 pm »
Don't be hasty now. Chip has a plan. He just needs 6-7 more years for it to gel.

Sincerely,
Tom Coughlin

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #135 on: 28 Nov 2015, 04:45 pm »
Ha ha,I think that plan will be better executed at USC or LSU.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #136 on: 28 Nov 2015, 05:14 pm »
Ha ha,I think that plan will be better executed at USC or LSU.
Good one.  I've been an Eagles fan since I was a kid.  It's just difficult to have hope these days.

rodge827

« Reply #137 on: 28 Nov 2015, 05:35 pm »
Don't be hasty now. Chip has a plan. He just needs 6-7 more years for it to gel.

Sincerely,
Tom Coughlin

:lol: :lol: :lol:

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #138 on: 28 Nov 2015, 07:11 pm »
Well, I actually think that head coach Chip has actually done a decent job with the talent that GM Chip (a source of hilarity around the league) has handed him.  One good but old injury prone OT, one pretty decent center, one young decent OT, scrubs for guards, one very expensive highly worn injury prone RB, a couple of other pretty good RBs, talented but inexperienced WR, decent TE, and the leader of the group is a QB that has never come close to performing like a #1 pick- and is injury prone.  Mediocre DB's, good but injury prone LB, good D line.  Excellent special teams. 
If there was anyone on that team I'd poach it'd be the special teams coach. 
Those thinking the this was the year for the Eagle to fly were drinking too much green Kool Aid. 

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #139 on: 28 Nov 2015, 07:51 pm »
Well, I actually think that head coach Chip has actually done a decent job with the talent that GM Chip (a source of hilarity around the league) has handed him.  One good but old injury prone OT, one pretty decent center, one young decent OT, scrubs for guards, one very expensive highly worn injury prone RB, a couple of other pretty good RBs, talented but inexperienced WR, decent TE, and the leader of the group is a QB that has never come close to performing like a #1 pick- and is injury prone.  Mediocre DB's, good but injury prone LB, good D line.  Excellent special teams. 
If there was anyone on that team I'd poach it'd be the special teams coach. 
Those thinking the this was the year for the Eagle to fly were drinking too much green Kool Aid.
Yes, there's no staying power in the NFL anymore.  With so many "new guys", how do you develop a team these days?  Same thing in some other sports, too, like hockey.  Flyers are not doing so well this year either.  Oh well.  :(