Things to check when buying used item

rustydoglim

Things to check when buying used item
« on: 27 Nov 2017, 03:43 pm »
We got a case where someone bought a used DAC-10H from an online store (not authorised dealer) and it turns out that the DAC-10H has no serial number (that's very strange, apparently it was removed intentionally) on the device or shipping box. May be it was stolen. And there is no original sales receipt.  So we can only treat this as an out of warranty service.

Buy your used item from authorised dealer.  Ask for original sales receipt of the previous customer as proof of purchase. If your device is more than 2 years old, consider buying extended warranty (transferable) from www.nuoem.com before anything goes wrong.

Victory

Re: Things to check when buying used item
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2018, 07:55 pm »
Is it possible to find out whether you agreed to repair a broken device for the money of the injured buyer or did he become alone with his problem?

rustydoglim

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2018, 06:04 am »
I am not exactly sure what you mean. 

1. The item you intend to buy has already failed and you want to find out if we can repair it and how much?
Sure we can repair any item that we made. But regarding the cost, we will have to analyse and find out the problem. I can assure you that we are very reasonable with our service and parts charge.

2. You just want to find out the typical cost of a repair? 
It depends on the local service center run by distributors. Practically all the repairs can be done with a screw driver by simply replacing an entire circuit board (for reliability reason we always repair with a new or fully tested circuit board).

Victory

« Reply #3 on: 5 Feb 2018, 04:52 am »
The question is as follows. If the buyer bought the used DAC by your company from an unauthorized dialler, and the device has broken down, the serial number is missing. Do you repair the device for the money of the buyer or refuse to repair it? I remind you that the serial number is missing.

rustydoglim

« Reply #4 on: 18 Feb 2018, 08:05 am »
We will likely repair it.  I think there is a case pending in the help desk and I have provided the repair cost.  We are not charging anything more than usual.

I suspect the product was stolen.  Someone use a fraudulent credit card to buy a DAC-10 from a dealer last year (yes, the dealer lost a lot of money!).  It is very strange that anyone would remove the serial number.

But keep in mind that NuPrime sells to more than 20 countries and the distributor in each country determines the service policy.
So if you can't get service from local distributor, you have to send the item to NuPrime factory in Taiwan for service. Or if you have a competent technician, we can ship the parts to you.