How to buy Maraschino (until web site is ready)

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
How to buy Maraschino (until web site is ready)
« on: 24 May 2014, 04:11 pm »
$2900 for a pair of Maraschino desktop amplifiers.  This includes:
 (2) Maraschino Amplifiers
 (2) 48V power supply or (1) 60V power supply with DC cable (see below)
 (2) RCA-to-XLR adapters

Your choices:
1) Select dual 48V power supplies or single 60V 1kW supply
2) Select RED or BLK top
3) Select Marble or Granite base (unless you upgrade to aluminum, see below)
4) Select 100-130VAC or 200-250VAC (only required for 60V supply)

Add-ons:
1) Upgrade to dual 60V 1kW power supplies (includes additional DC cable), add $500
2) Upgrade to aluminum bases, add $200
3) Upgrade to GOLD WBT binding posts, add $200
4) Upgrade to "DC_SNAKE" power wires, add $150 each (see 60V notes below)

Notes regarding 48V power supplies:
Dual 48V power supplies give you perfect channel separation.  Maraschino amplifier power output is 250W into 4 ohms with the 48V power supply.  There is no power switch because the amplifiers go to sleep after 8 minutes of quiet.  They wake up when music is present again.  The DC cable is built onto each 48V power supply, and is 6 feet long.  The AC mains voltage is universal, 100-250VAC input range, without the need to select.

Notes regarding 60V power supplies:
Our 60V 1kW supply includes a standard DC cable, drives one or two channels, and has power switch.  Maraschino amplifier power output is 400W into 4 ohms with the 60V power supply.  The standard DC cable (included) is a high quality molded type, but we also offer an upgrade to a super-low-resistance DC_SNAKE cable with 5-way braid.  Both are 3 feet in length to keep voltage drop to a minimum.  Longer lengths can be custom ordered.  The power switch is handy if you have a preamp that doesn't mute the main outputs when listening on headphones.  It's also handy if your preamp has a turn-on or turn-off "thump", so you can turn the amps on after the preamp settles or turn the amps off before turning the preamp off.  The auto-sleep function still operates (see 48V notes above), so you can leave the power supply on all the time if desired.  This works especially well if you leave your equipment on all the time.

To purchase, simply PayPal the total to Support@DigitalAmp.com.  Be sure to include your choices and phone number in the comments block.  Shipping cost is charged separately prior to shipping.
« Last Edit: 7 Feb 2015, 12:50 am by AmpDesigner333 »

RCduck7

Re: How to buy Maraschino (until web site is ready)
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jun 2014, 07:39 pm »
Did you came up with a deal for the upgrade program for those that like to replace the 48V power supply with the 60V supply?
Do we sent the the 48V supply back or do we keep it and get a discount for the 60V supply? Me personally, i don't feel the need to keep my 48V supply if i get the 60V one.
I'd like to replace my 48V ones.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #2 on: 6 Jun 2014, 10:39 pm »
Did you came up with a deal for the upgrade program for those that like to replace the 48V power supply with the 60V supply?
Do we sent the the 48V supply back or do we keep it and get a discount for the 60V supply? Me personally, i don't feel the need to keep my 48V supply if i get the 60V one.
I'd like to replace my 48V ones.
We are working on it, and we're almost ready.  The enclosures will be complete in a few weeks, then we will announce the upgrade program.  Do you want to swap 60V supplies for every channel, or pair off some of them?  Thanks, and have a great weekend.
-Tommy

RCduck7

« Reply #3 on: 9 Jun 2014, 06:30 pm »
sent PM...

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
HOW TO UPGRADE
« Reply #4 on: 7 Feb 2015, 01:03 am »
Upgrade to 60V:

You need to have purchased a pair of 48V Maraschino amplifiers from us first.

To upgrade to DUAL 60V power supplies: Purchase an upgrade package by sending us $800 USD (per pair) over PayPal via Support@DigitalAmp.com. Be sure to include "Dual 60V Upgrade" and your phone number (for shipping) in the PayPal notes.  Add $300 more for DC_SNAKE cables (per pair).

We will charge shipping separately.

After you receive the 60V power supplies, you have 30 days to ship the 48V supplies back to us. We will issue a $200 refund after verifying that the 48V supplies were received in excellent working condition.

THIS JUST IN: To upgrade to a SINGLE 60V power supply, it's $500 instead of $800.
« Last Edit: 12 Sep 2015, 03:48 pm by AmpDesigner333 »

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Demos Available
« Reply #5 on: 7 Feb 2015, 01:41 am »

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
NEW 60V Maraschino Power Supplies
« Reply #7 on: 12 Sep 2015, 03:51 pm »
Photo of NEW 60V Maraschino Power Supplies (from a customer):

Details about the difference between the old and new 60V Power Supplies:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=136357.0

We still have some stock of the dual-output older version 60V power supplies, and we're discounting them while supplies (no pun intended) last.

For systems driving two Maraschinos with a SINGLE 60V supply, we now use a Y-cable external to the supply.  In that case, there is a maximum distance that you can separate the amps (roughly 6 feet), dictated by the DC cable length.

Thanks.

-Tommy O