Spatial Audio Lab Introduction

DavidS

Re: About Spatial Audio - Industry Introduction
« Reply #20 on: 10 Jul 2017, 03:38 am »
just another very happy owner (M3 turbos) - and a Canuck to boot.  Good to see the new circle and look forward to even more reading on AC.

VonHess

« Reply #21 on: 14 Jul 2017, 04:47 pm »
congrats, loving my M2 Turbos. 

harley.guy07

« Reply #22 on: 15 Jul 2017, 07:44 pm »
I have had the M3 Turbo S's for about a year now and love them. They have shown me that you can get a much more "real life" sounding system for the money spent on these speakers vs shelling out huge bucks on a designer trying to deaden a cabinet so it can not be detected in the sound which always bothered me. Good to see this brand get their own circle

PatrickCleveland

« Reply #23 on: 15 Jul 2017, 11:42 pm »
I am honored to have a pair of Spatial's X1 speakers in my audio room. It was a pleasure getting to know Clayton Shaw in the process.

iSAM

« Reply #24 on: 16 Jul 2017, 08:46 am »
Congrats Clayton!
I and my clients in Ukraine very love you products.
X1 in Kiev now! This is a big deal for our market!

Best,
Aleksandr.

nfnc

« Reply #25 on: 16 Jul 2017, 10:56 am »
I am honored to have a pair of Spatial's X1 speakers in my audio room. It was a pleasure getting to know Clayton Shaw in the process.

Congratulations!

Would you mind posting on this thread http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=146217.0 as to how they sound, and what speakers did you use previously?

TimS

« Reply #26 on: 17 Jul 2017, 05:06 am »

Hi Patrick

What is the rest of your set-up with the X1's and any chance of a review coming up? :thumb:

mwalker2

« Reply #27 on: 28 Aug 2017, 10:59 am »
Say dear Clayton - Happy to find your own AC space. This another success story. Please alert me when my white Trode Master get ready for shipment.

Manny

Roxy

« Reply #28 on: 14 Jun 2018, 05:47 pm »
It's great to hear such enthusiastic support for Spatial products. Can some of you comment on associated equipment e.g. amplification? Are these speakers power hungry, need help on the bottom end, etc.  How many of you bought them without hearing them first? Thank you

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #29 on: 14 Jun 2018, 07:51 pm »
Abt 95 dB efficient - my 2A3 amp drives them.  For real strong bass,  more power helps - I have 2 subs I use.  Currently using one of the new 1200AS Ice amps with billions of watts and they play SO LOUD without distortion - just what Marilyn Manson's music needs.  With this amp subs just add a very little deep bass, but really aren't needed.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #30 on: 14 Jun 2018, 08:03 pm »
I too am running Class D amps with the 3 Turbo S and have no need for a sub. Prior to the Class D mono amps I had an 8 watt SET and the bass was AWOL.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #31 on: 14 Jun 2018, 08:06 pm »
Oh, I should mention that I was privileged to hear them at a friend's place in Kelowna and also at the Spatial dealer here in Canada.

SFDude

« Reply #32 on: 14 Jun 2018, 08:36 pm »
It's great to hear such enthusiastic support for Spatial products. Can some of you comment on associated equipment e.g. amplification? Are these speakers power hungry, need help on the bottom end, etc.  How many of you bought them without hearing them first? Thank you

I purchased after hearing at a show (RMAF 2016) and use PP tube and Class D amplification. Both sound great with the Spatials. I'll be purchase a sealed sub at some point soon to augment the deepest part of the freq range but I haven't found them lacking at all.

They ARE a diff sound than dynamic box speakers or electrostatic ones which I've owned in the past. But it sounds more coherent overall in my ears.

-dave

dB Cooper

« Reply #33 on: 14 Jun 2018, 08:52 pm »
Welcome

Fr8dog

« Reply #34 on: 14 Jul 2019, 06:16 pm »
Powering my M4's with a Class D Audio SDS250. Bought without listening. Just a lot of reading. My room is 11X12X9 and is treated. It was an echo chamber when we moved in.
Tried some powered monitors. Added a Rythmik sub and sounded pretty good. Could never get the sub "just right".
Moved onto some Magnepan MMG's. Worked pretty good in here 30" from the front wall and me sitting about 6-7' away. They needed a sub. Same problem. I think I just wanted a speaker where I didn't need a sub.
Read a lot about open baffle speakers and how they work in small rooms. Was gonna buy some Caintuck speakers to see what all the fuss was about OBS. Then I read a review by John Darko describing the M4's as a good step up from the MMG's.
I found a smoking deal on a used pair of M4's and pulled the trigger and never looked back. Sold the sub a short while after.
When I first fired them up I couldn't believe how different the bass sounded. Still don't have words to describe other than realistic.
Hope this helps a month later. 

Bpack

« Reply #35 on: 10 Sep 2019, 01:06 am »
Hi Spatial....or Clayton. I’m a new member so forgive me. Anyhow, I’ve been following the evolution of Spatial speakers for some time and am VERY interested in the OB concept. This goes back to the days of
Dahlquist dq-10’s. The X-3’s could be the last set speaker’s I dive into. I’m not an audiophile but do want the whole package, which means HT is also important. Therefore, what can be recommended for possible ceiling speakers, sides, surrounds and subs to FILL a home with a Spatial X-3 system. Any thoughts are welcome.

ElGatoRon

« Reply #36 on: 24 Jul 2020, 01:11 am »
New M3 Sapphire owner and very happy with my decision to buy the M3 Sapphires.

Mr. Big

« Reply #37 on: 3 Jul 2021, 02:42 pm »
I come the days of the DQ 10 speakers, my 1st high-end speaker and one I still remember fondly, they were open baffle except for the sealed sub, and they were just so open sounding, based the design on the look of Quad ESL 57 speaker and Jon tried to get a cone speaker to have some the of the positive sound of the ESL so OB midrange on up. Later in this hobby, I purchased a pair of Quad 63 speakers that were totally rebuilt by Electrostatic Solutions, from the power supply up, and it was an OMG moment. I had that 10 years or so and was itching for a change and I could not find a speaker good enough to replace them and I listened to speakers up to 25K. I then came across Spatial Audio and did some research and then I found the New Record Day videos and some interest with Clayton. I spoke with Clayton and he was a straight stand-up guy, told me the upside of changing from Quads and some of the things the Quad did so well, but he thought I be more than happy with the Sapphires M3's than the X series for my room. Been 8 months and I am more than happy I made the change, I no longer miss the Quads, I enjoy what the M3's bring to the reproduction of music, snd keep in mind these are beating other brands that I heard from the $15,000-$25,000 range, and you know the names from the reviews in the audio magazines, the brands they review over and over. So at $5,000 my M3's are a stone-cold bargain. Let them burn-in in good and you will be rewarded with world-class sound, that is open, detailed and with the best bottom octaves reproduction, you will ever hear. Subs really are not needed, and I tried a pair in my system, and out they went, the purity of the M3's as stand-alone speakers is the way to go, and they can really go as low as you would need if the recording has it, rarely have I felt bass in my chest on test CD with bass tones that went down to 20Hz and at 25Hz I still had the bass in my room. Great company, great guy, and a dam good speaker. You can't go wrong.

markmuse

« Reply #38 on: 18 Aug 2021, 06:56 pm »
I guess this is where I introduce myself. I bought a pair of X5's last fall and love them. I am please to see how active this site is with Spatial owners. I think it will be useful going forward. Cheers.

Audiojunkie21

« Reply #39 on: 30 Aug 2021, 03:03 pm »
Hi
Any news on the new M4's arrival, cost etc etc. and more places where they can be heard, I am in Charlottesville VA