Three way ScanSpeak kit is done (Pictures included)

AvFan

Re: Three way ScanSpeak kit is done (Pictures included)
« Reply #20 on: 17 Feb 2008, 11:49 pm »
Thanks for the tip on the hand plane.  I must admit I usually think of power tools first when often the best tool is something that takes a little muscle and finesse  :duh:.   When you glued the sides on did you use a web clamp?  I assume you routed the top/bottom/braces using a template.  That would be accurate, but that mdf makes a real nasty dust when it comes off a router bit!  Oh, and only you would know where to look for very minor flaws (certainly none of the forum members would notice) and in the end, as you noted, its the fun of building something good looking that sounds terrific.  Enjoy your new speakers!

zacster

« Reply #21 on: 18 Feb 2008, 12:18 am »
Those are beautiful cabinets.  I've done some myself with bookmatched veneer, but those are just gorgeous. 

Christof

« Reply #22 on: 18 Feb 2008, 01:29 am »
Well done :thumb:

MichaelHiFi

« Reply #23 on: 29 Feb 2008, 05:52 pm »
I'm inspired. I'm no carpenter but wish to build my own 'Selah' speakers. The job you've done is really amazing.
Thanks for sharing!  :thumb: :drool:

jono2channel

« Reply #24 on: 29 Feb 2008, 06:12 pm »
Thanks for the kind words. I have been listening to this beauties for a few weeks now. I don't think that I will do a full "review" break it all down into metaphor and unending similes, but I have to say that these are such a giant step up from my B&W 603S3 that I still am shocked by what I hear from my familiar recordings. It will take me a long time to get through my entire collection of music, but both the vinyl and cds that I have listened to are just fantastic. It is my first big 3-way, and I love the bottom end, but quite honestly the SS6600 is just amazing. (I didn't want to go with the ribbons as I fear my dogs would do a number on them.)

I am currently listening through Rotel RCD-1055, RC-1082 and the RB-1070. I also have the Audio Note AN-TT1. I think that the next step is to move from my current amp to a Belles or McCormack. Something that will double as a stick welder in the garage.... aa

Rick is a great guy. Don't hold off on your new project. If I ever need speakers again, I will spend my money at Selah.