JBL C36 ENCLOSURE MONITORS- ANY INTEREST?

jazzcourier

JBL C36 ENCLOSURE MONITORS- ANY INTEREST?
« on: 27 Feb 2008, 01:52 am »
I am having a tweeter replaced in a pair of circa 1966 JBL footed C36 monitors.The back plate reads JBL C36 ENCLOSURE SPEAKERS.15 inch speakers and one original bullet tweeter,the new tweeter may be a Scanspeak.I bought these from a JBL employee in about 1969 and used them as primary speakers for about 25 years.Even writing that gives me the shivers...They went alot of places and eventually ended up in the closet,they have been deemed healthy by a reputed l.a. area speaker tech who will replace the tweeter.The cabinets are pretty scratched up,but can easily be sanded and refinished.Original cool grills and those Herman Miller feet are to die for! Heavy little guys,it brought back alot of memories hoisting them today.Especially sweet Julie,who loved Big Joe Turner and after a few drinks we were sailing in the ethereal glow of those JBL'S,well she's long gone but those speakers are still here! I will probe the group mind here as to the interest and value of these speakers.They will go to some new home,hopefully one close to L.A. They would be a beast to ship.Any comments or ideas on these gutsy  little sweethearts?

jazzcourier

Re: JBL C36 ENCLOSURE MONITORS- ANY INTEREST?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2008, 05:58 am »
BUMP

Wardsweb

« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2008, 01:21 pm »
I would not replace the JBL 075 tweeter. Just buy a replacement diaphram for it. Otherwise you kill the collector value of those speakers. As for shipping, it can be done. You just need some large boxes and a lot of high density foam. Here is a picture of some that I shipped to South Korea.

jazzcourier

« Reply #3 on: 27 Feb 2008, 04:22 pm »
Thanks for the info!!! Any comment on the "collector value" ?

jazzcourier

« Reply #4 on: 29 Feb 2008, 02:50 am »
I am going to sell these rather than put them back in the closet,any serious offers gladly entertained!!! The grill fabric is reddish weave.

Tubes 4 Ever

« Reply #5 on: 29 Feb 2008, 06:55 pm »
I am no JBL expert  :roll: but the tweeters even busted up can bring pretty good money on epray. The woofers are probably 130's they too can bring some decent money. The cabs are fairly common, I would kick them to the curb, and part out the drivers. You should be able to make some good bucks. But I am really not telling you the truth, they are crap, and I would happily take them off your hands, if you pay the shipping, just to get rid of the junk  :lol:

jazzcourier

« Reply #6 on: 26 Mar 2008, 08:04 pm »
I just want to mention that these speakers have just been repaired with all original parts intact.They will be for sale.If you are interested please let me know.

Joethekidd

« Reply #7 on: 5 Jan 2009, 05:22 am »
Do you still have these speakers?? I've been looking for a pair like this! I will buy them if they're for sale!

Lagoon

« Reply #8 on: 17 Aug 2013, 04:41 pm »
I am interested in purchasing a pair of empty JBL C36 enclosures but will discuss  purchasing complete if necessary.