Wyred4Sound Amps

Big Red Machine

Re: Wyred4Sound Amps
« Reply #80 on: 4 Jan 2009, 04:51 am »
I am assuming you are still running the Wyred monos on your HT3's?

Never sounded better.  I own 7 of their amps now.  Five of them are in the theater.

Bigred
Did you replace the Pass Labs amp you had with a Wyred4Sound?
Which Pass Labs stereo amp did you have?  The Wyred is better?
Thanks.
X350.5  Nice but too polite.  The Wyreds are far better in my system - more bass, more top end, more beef all around.  You have to understand that Rick Cullen really knows what he is doing with these circuits.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #81 on: 4 Jan 2009, 05:05 am »
Pete...

...more bass, more top end, more beef all around.

Where's the beef.... :jester:

Pete....Looks like you are finally identifying the sound that you really seek... 8)

Big Red Machine

« Reply #82 on: 4 Jan 2009, 01:29 pm »
Pete...

Pete....Looks like you are finally identifying the sound that you really seek... 8)

At this point I need better speakers to move farther out on the curve.

yooper

« Reply #83 on: 4 Jan 2009, 01:47 pm »

Oh oh....  :o

Big Red Machine

« Reply #84 on: 4 Jan 2009, 01:48 pm »
You coming out Saturday?

[/quote]

Oh oh....  :o
[/quote]

s_cervin

« Reply #85 on: 5 Jan 2009, 09:08 pm »
Pete...

Please tell me you are kidding.  You never let up on Jim do you.  Some of us still need to have speakers finished.  :D

BikeWNC

« Reply #86 on: 5 Jan 2009, 10:52 pm »
So what are the issues of running these amps single-ended vs balanced?  I happen to like my tube preamp but it is not balanced.  Is all the "magic" lost if I don't use a balanced setup?

Andy

Big Red Machine

« Reply #87 on: 5 Jan 2009, 11:25 pm »
No.  SE is fine.  I found them quieter in balanced mode moreso due to the cabling than anything.  I barely have any semblence of any hiss at all from the speakers when the system is on.  Practically zip when my ear is right up on the tweeter.

BikeWNC

« Reply #88 on: 24 Mar 2009, 05:44 pm »
I've still been considering the W4S amps with my HT3s.  This weekend a friend lent me a BelCanto Evo4 mkll amp to try.  I have to say I am quite impressed.  It really made the HT3s come alive in a way I haven't heard.  I'm running the amp SE in bridged mode so the specs say to expect 400w into 8ohms.  It has a very bouncy, quick (pratty) sound.  I'm using a tube pre and tube output disc player with it. 

Regarding the W4S amps, would it be better to try the sx1000 and bi-wire to the terminals on the HT3 or get a 4 channel version and bi-amp the speakers?  I'd lean to the larger amp as I have no experience with bi-amping. 

Andy