Sennheiser Momentum In Ear Monitors

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Sennheiser Momentum In Ear Monitors
« on: 6 Dec 2014, 01:43 pm »
A long while back I bought my very first good IEM's at Headroom headphones out in Bozeman. They sounded great looked great and b-stock stuff at Headroom allowed me pick up some gear I couldnt have gotten otherwise. This time I got some Senn Momentum in ear monitors for a great price. These iems are spotless, in fact the seals on the box showed no evidence of ever being touched.
  I was skeptical they would be to bloated in the low end and become Sennheiser beats iems...lol. Not the case at all listening with my ears.

In fact these are the best sounding iems I've heard in forever. Musical, toe tappin, never over done and missing nothing that i can hear. I have a boatload of iems from all over the lot price and sound wise but these Senns are the best sounding to me by quite a bit.
One caveat i must state so no one feels jipped if they buy some and they sound to extreme in some way. I played drums since i was 10 , really loudly the first 7 years or so , i have done some damage to my ears...not horrific but im not hearing some frequencies off the high end like i once could. But i know this for sure these are keepers, they make me wanna dance and i suck at dancing. Happy Holidays folks!!! :thumb:

charmerci

Re: Sennheiser Momentum In Ear Monitors
« Reply #1 on: 6 Dec 2014, 02:10 pm »
How do these compare with Etymotic? And the Woodies Blues (that you like and I didn't)?

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 6 Dec 2014, 06:40 pm »
I felt horrible after that whole thing, thats why the caveat obviously...these have the polished and dynamic low end the ety's never had. It was the only thing my MC5's were lacking, they (mc5s) were that very first b-stock purchase i made at headroom by the way. If the etys had any low end I'd still use them daily.
 The Senns have the perfect amount of highs,lows and mids to my ears. I enjoy good low end done correctly and to me these have that. I've spent a lengthy amount of time today using the Senns within a wireless or bluetooth setup I've recently started watching films with all to try and make any worts appear anywhere...so far so good.....best to try first in any event to avoid any mixups....I'll update this if they change dramatically....over time....

FireGuy

« Reply #3 on: 6 Dec 2014, 08:46 pm »
A long while back I bought my very first good IEM's at Headroom headphones out in Bozeman. They sounded great looked great and b-stock stuff at Headroom allowed me pick up some gear I couldnt have gotten otherwise. This time I got some Senn Momentum in ear monitors for a great price. These iems are spotless, in fact the seals on the box showed no evidence of ever being touched.
  I was skeptical they would be to bloated in the low end and become Sennheiser beats iems...lol. Not the case at all listening with my ears.

In fact these are the best sounding iems I've heard in forever. Musical, toe tappin, never over done and missing nothing that i can hear. I have a boatload of iems from all over the lot price and sound wise but these Senns are the best sounding to me by quite a bit.
One caveat i must state so no one feels jipped if they buy some and they sound to extreme in some way. I played drums since i was 10 , really loudly the first 7 years or so , i have done some damage to my ears...not horrific but im not hearing some frequencies off the high end like i once could. But i know this for sure these are keepers, they make me wanna dance and i suck at dancing. Happy Holidays folks!!! :thumb:

Good to hear you're enjoying your Momentums.  I too got into the IEM game this past Sept.  For two reasons.  1) For my European trip (did not want to drag my Senns over ear across country) and 2)  for workouts...i.e stair climbing, biking etc. with my mobile device.  The SoundMagic E10's are shockingly well balanced even with enough bass thump to satisfy quasi bass heads.  This holds especially true when connected to the Schitt Vahalla.  Cost wise I kinda feel like I stole them.  Less than $40 delivered.  Three-years running Sound & Vision's best IEM's in their price cat.  They will never replace my Beyers but if I had to live with these for a while, no prob. 

charmerci

« Reply #4 on: 6 Dec 2014, 10:50 pm »
I felt horrible after that whole thing, thats why the caveat obviously...these have the polished and dynamic low end the ety's never had. It was the only thing my MC5's were lacking, they (mc5s) were that very first b-stock purchase i made at headroom by the way. If the etys had any low end I'd still use them daily.

:lol: Relax - I bought 'em/sold 'em and the buyer was happy  - no problem! That's why no one can be positive until you hear them for yourself!!!

I'll buy these new - so if I don't care for them, I'll just send 'em right back. Though I still have January to decide...and I'll read a few more opinions before deciding...something else might come up - or I might use this cash to buy over the ear phones.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 8 Dec 2014, 02:18 am »
These iems were a "I just want to hear these" now they are in slot 1.....LOL.
I was able to pick up some JBL S700 over ear and being a JBL guy from jump street (still have 3 pair used daily) I have read for months about them and they are steadily getting positive reviews as far as sound...I'm excited about those and can always send them back if bogosity is heard.
  :thumb: