Finally got dream car (mostly)

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
Re: Finally got dream car (mostly)
« Reply #120 on: 7 Aug 2016, 05:13 pm »
That Volt is also a sharp looking ride IMHO!

Close the thread...

Just close the thread.

It's bad enough on a thread talking about "dream cars" you guys are mainly talking about German station wagons; now you guys are talking about stupid electric cars.

The Volt is nothing but a Prius with different clothes on, and neither of them are nice to look at. In fact all cars look like each other. I though I saw a Golf the other day but it was Kia.

Again, close the thread. You guys have become old, senile, and apparently blind.

:green:

EdRo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #121 on: 7 Aug 2016, 05:28 pm »

Chevy...

Primus.

I don't see any differences at all. Why, they both have windshields!!! And FOUR TIRES!!! BOTH of them. I bet some designerst toes were stepped on for sure!!! Reminds me of the "good old days"!!!

EdRo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #122 on: 7 Aug 2016, 06:54 pm »
Old school...

Is this like the Prius/Volt similarities?

EdRo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #123 on: 7 Aug 2016, 06:55 pm »
These are '56 Ford and Chevy 2 door models.

*Scotty*

« Reply #124 on: 7 Aug 2016, 08:56 pm »
This is for those of you who maybe culturally deprived and unaware of the history of Volvo P1800.
 If you think the Volvo P1800 has classic Italian lines reminiscent of cars designed in Turin, there is a reason for this. The car that was driven by the Saint in the classic TV series starring Roger Moore was designed by Pelle Petterson while he was a student of Pietro Frua. Obviously, you can see Pietro's guiding hand in the execution of the car. Pietro Frua was one of the leading Italian coachbuilders designers during the 1950s and 1960s.
Scotty

EdRo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #125 on: 7 Aug 2016, 09:10 pm »
I wish mine could have been salvaged. Minew still had the two piece front bumper. I think that looked better than the later models. More AC cobra-like. It still had the 65 HP engine, though. I ran the codes on mine, and apparently it had a very rarely chosen interior color. I think it was originally red with a white carpet and interior. It's been too long to remember exactly . The P-1800 was very sweet looking in my opinion, especially for its time.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #126 on: 7 Aug 2016, 10:18 pm »
AC Frua 428 1969:

*Scotty*

« Reply #127 on: 7 Aug 2016, 11:01 pm »
Now that is one bitchin looking car.  :thumb:
Scotty

stlrman

« Reply #128 on: 9 Aug 2016, 09:10 pm »
My dreams are answered driving this!! :thumb:

It's a pleasure to drive !, and darn fun !!

drphoto

« Reply #129 on: 9 Aug 2016, 10:54 pm »
Sweet ride,

and to mix. ok I get it. I got to drive a clients Lambo Gallardo Spyder a while back. It was a crap load of fun, but I don't want it, even if I could afford it. You sorta look like a dick in that car. IMHO.(it does sound like a race car btw & the acceleration was pretty breathtaking)

I drove home in my lame ass VW. And liked it it. But you know, I'm an old man now.....

stlrman

« Reply #130 on: 9 Aug 2016, 11:43 pm »
Thanks drphoto!!
I guess I'd be one one of them dicks if I had a stupid amount of money. I saw a sick Lambo last year at a gas station . I almost fell to my knees in awe!!! :thumb:
 I would give to various charities though

drphoto

« Reply #131 on: 9 Aug 2016, 11:54 pm »
Thanks Stir,

And yes they are totally awesome cars....I get that part. It was pretty damn cool to experience one. But that's all I want.

But I'm pretty happy driving my lamo German (made in mexico)  wagon.  :D

This is the one I drove... (I didn't shoot that photo btw)

stlrman

« Reply #132 on: 10 Aug 2016, 12:45 am »
Your a lucky man getting to drive the beautiful beast around !
Stick shift right ?
I'm not much for steering wheel paddles. Give me a proper stick!

drphoto

« Reply #133 on: 10 Aug 2016, 01:00 am »
Paddle shift only, but boy it works great. DSG trannys are pretty amazing. Most are quicker than manual shift. But yeah, shifting is fun.