Very cool wood finish

klaus@odyssey

Very cool wood finish
« on: 19 Jan 2015, 01:21 pm »
Stephen got his Kismet pair in an incredibly lively veneer...he wanted something asymmetrical and the opposite of boring....our customers can buy the actual veneers listed and shonw at different sites, such as veneersupply.com,  an

Chrisandalex1

Re: Very cool wood finish
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2015, 01:52 pm »
Very nice Stephen and Klaus...

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2015, 02:34 pm »
My compliments to Stephen for his choice of veneer. +1

Klaus,

Before I read your caption, I saw the second picture with 7 speakers lined up. My first thought was "That must be one awesome sounding center channel."

Some day, I will get a chance to hear these speakers...

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2015, 02:47 pm »
MR S...hehehe,  yup,  one hell of a center...btw, looks like Seattle will be on....stay tuned.
actually,  this is in my show room...all of the speakers going out are being tested in my own system by ear as well....
it took me forever to get the showroom going to where I like it,  and it is one hell of a system now, and yes, open to everybody....
Loki can say something about it,  as he's been here many times, and saw the room before I bought the house.......

mresseguie

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2015, 02:52 pm »
"..btw, looks like Seattle will be on....stay tuned."

AWESOME! I'm looking forward to it.

srb

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2015, 03:07 pm »
Klaus,

If you don't rotate photos before uploading them they can be easily rotated afterward in
Gallery > Manage my albums
Click on album,  click on photo,  Rotate left / Rotate right

Steve

srclose

« Reply #6 on: 19 Jan 2015, 06:44 pm »
I'm the proud owner of the Kismets with that bold veneer.  These look great in the room, and come across as a bit darker than the picture.  Very happy with how they look, and even happier with how they sound, even though I have yet to tap their full potential :D

Stephen

TJHUB

« Reply #7 on: 19 Jan 2015, 10:44 pm »
I'm the proud owner of the Kismets with that bold veneer.  These look great in the room, and come across as a bit darker than the picture.  Very happy with how they look, and even happier with how they sound, even though I have yet to tap their full potential :D

Stephen

We're going to need to see some pics...

srclose

« Reply #8 on: 20 Jan 2015, 01:13 am »
I'm on it!

Stephen

srclose

« Reply #9 on: 25 Jan 2015, 12:38 am »
Here's a pic or two of the Kismets in room.

Very happy with these.

Stephen

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #10 on: 25 Jan 2015, 12:46 am »
Very Nice.  Congrats.

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #11 on: 25 Jan 2015, 01:15 am »
These are very, very handsome indeed. I'm late to the conversation but why don't the kismet speakers show up on the Odyessey website? How do they compare to the Loreleis?

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #12 on: 25 Jan 2015, 02:15 pm »
Hi Kenneth,

that's a legitimate question,  and the answer is simple:  our web site sucks...
I'm so freakishly busy that I just didn't have the time to upgrade anything on the site itself...

And another thing here is that originally,  I was planning to make 2-3 pairs a month, Loreleis or Kismets...really have the speakers to show off our complete philosophy and signature,  where the speakers fit in nicely,  be it the Lor's,  the Epi's IV's or the Kismets....well,  the 3 pairs or so per month went bye bye a long time ago...just can't keep up with demand.....just from the 3 shows last year we ended up with a net 22 pairs.  That takes quite some time away from making amps,  believe me,  and additional,  the speakers are a near give-away for the customers at this price point....

yes, they are flat out awesome...yes, the Scan Beryllium is fantastic, and the best driver I have ever heard and worked with, and yes, most speakers go with complete systems,  so the bottom line is that it is all good......and even though these are floor standers, it is still the monitor as indicated on our site,  just with extended cabinets instead of stands....is it better ???  depends.  The nice thing is that the x-over is in the open bottom part of the speaker and doesn't take interior volume away.

Just listened for a couple of hours and went back and forth from the Kismets to the Egglestone's.....man oh man, the K's really should be in the $ 12,000 + range for sure....hey, that's an idea.  back to 2-3 pairs and actually make some $,  hehehehehe

charmerci

« Reply #13 on: 25 Jan 2015, 04:35 pm »

that's a legitimate question,  and the answer is simple:  our web site sucks...

:lol: You're honest and you're funny!   :thumb:

The website says you're no longer making the Epiphony's anymore. Is it just the II's or none at all?

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #14 on: 6 Feb 2015, 04:00 pm »
We now have the EPI's IV's...complete new redesign, larger box, new drivers...top of the line Usher tweeters / SB Acoustics bass (both are essentially Scan Speak designs,...Usher with a carbon copy, and SB are the 2 former heads of design from Scan who founded their own company)...

They now are on a very nice level, especially on realism and just a freakishly awesome presence !!!!

mresseguie

« Reply #15 on: 6 Feb 2015, 06:44 pm »
Klaus,

I like SB Acoustics! By any chance, are the bass drivers (midwoofer) the 6.5" Satori drivers?