Sony HAP-Z1ES High Res DSD Audio Music Player - in the house

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Sony HAP-Z1ES High Res DSD Audio Music Player - in the house
« Reply #280 on: 22 Nov 2015, 02:05 am »
I got to check out the HAP-Z1ES and its li'l brother at the 2014 Axpona. I was quite impressed, but I wasn't in the market for something like that at the time. Upon thinking about your post, I realize I really ought to consider buying this or a similar model for my setup in Taiwan. My 2-channel system is a good 40' away from my computer, so I stream Mac Mini music content via my Squeezebox Touch, which is great until either my computer or the LMS updates and I have to figure out what the heck just happened. I could avoid that with a a player/streamer.

Once you get your music player set up, post your impressions here or in the discless circle. I'm interested in your thoughts and reactions.

Michael

Dj_AmTraX

Re: Sony HAP-Z1ES High Res DSD Audio Music Player - in the house
« Reply #281 on: 20 Jan 2016, 05:55 am »
I've been using SanDisk 940GB SSD drive for many months. Easy install and zero issues. I couldn't tell any sonic improvements, but it is faster slightly and silent. The original HD wasn't noisy, just slow.

Ripping CDs direct to internal drive is great. I've sent a msg to my Sony JP contact about adding the ability to playback CD in a future FW update. He said they will think about it. We'll see if that happens. It would be double awesome if Sony update with the ability to rip SACD via SonyBR drive to internal HD in DSD. Ok, now I'm dreaming... back to bed. :p