Anyone else get Physical Graffiti?

BobC

Anyone else get Physical Graffiti?
« on: 2 Mar 2015, 06:09 pm »
I downloaded 24/96 FLAC from HD tracks.

Got to be honest here....If you already have the 16/44, I'd save your $$$.

I compared matching tracks with my 1990 Box Set ripped 16/44 and other that a little less noise and "clearer" treble.....I cant hear much of an improvement.

My $0.02....YMMV, blah blah blah

That said.....I did not have a full copy of the album, so I'm good, just a little disappointed.   :?

Phil A

Re: Anyone else get Physical Graffiti?
« Reply #1 on: 2 Mar 2015, 06:11 pm »
Thanks for the info.  I have a bunch of things in my wishlist and I usually just grab a couple when there is a sale and look to see if someone else has already made the purchase.

BobC

« Reply #2 on: 2 Mar 2015, 06:22 pm »
There is a Buy 2 get 15% off sale right now.

I also purchased Jack White's Lazaretto......which I havent listened to yet.

northshore

« Reply #3 on: 4 Mar 2015, 04:35 am »
Got the 16/44 yesterday. While we are being honest, just lots of suckage mastering wise here. Understand that this is just not going to rate anywhere near some of your better recordings.

A 40 year old album does bring back old times and reminds me we had it pretty good playing the original vinyl on a Technics direct drive with a V15. 

ddafoe

« Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2015, 02:19 pm »
I just purchased the 24/96 wav and really like it.  Thankfully I do not have a ripped CD version to compare it with.

I also just purchased their HD version of Born To Run, and after comparing that with the my ripped CD version (the Gold, Master Sound version no less) there was no comparison, the HD version was much better.

Unfortunately it does seem to be hit and miss.   Unless it is a favorite album of mine, I've generally just been purchasing HD versions of albums I do not already have.
Oh yea, the Clash's London Calling in HD was one I liked better (but not tons better) than my CD rip.

Cheers