ACI Subs vs. Velodyne

Bill-99

ACI Subs vs. Velodyne
« on: 11 Aug 2004, 05:24 pm »
Mike,

I currently have a Velodyne FSR-12 sub. How would you compare any of your subs to this sub or anything in the Velodyne line up, i.e., would swapping out this box for an ACI sub be an upgrade or a lateral move?

Thanks,
-Bill

Mike Dzurko

Re: ACI Subs vs. Velodyne
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2004, 07:00 pm »
Quote from: Bill-99
Mike,

I currently have a Velodyne FSR-12 sub. How would you compare any of your subs to this sub or anything in the Velodyne line up, i.e., would swapping out this box for an ACI sub be an upgrade or a lateral move?

Thanks,
-Bill

Bill:

One thing I try not to do is make direct comparisons between ACI products and those of competitors. Being a less than perfect being, I have been guilty of breaking that rule but try very hard not to. First, I genuinely believe that our products are "best"  . . . but that means best to my standards and needs, not necesarily someone else's. At the same time I believe that there are many other wonderful products on the market which may be a better choice for some people.

If you catch me in a private conversation I will sometimes be able to give my informed opinion of how one of our products compares to a competitors, but I'll only do that if I think I have had enough exposure to the other product to have a valid opinion. In the case of this particular model Velodyne, I don't think I've ever heard one, so I can make no comparison at all.

This is where I believe forums are of tremendous value. People like yourself, who take the time to report their impressions and findings build a weath of information for all audiophiles to take advantage of. So here's what I think you should do: email me on the Maestro, (I think you might as well go for the big boy), I talked to the other people here and we all feel that we'll have a bit of price flexibility with customers who contribute to this forum. We get the Maestro to you and you will be able to report your findings.  Thanks Bill!

ieales

Re: ACI Subs vs. Velodyne
« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2004, 06:48 pm »
you can view my experience searching for subs at http://www.ielogical.com/audio.html#basement

My experience in showrooms with Velodynes was less than stellar.

Of all the subs I auditioned, the Force came closest to approximating the sonic nirvana I was seeking. Definitely most bang for the buck.

My main listening types are jazz, blues, Sinatra, opera, classical, musical pop, ie almost anything without a drum machine.

Regards,
Ian

Quote from: Bill-99
Mike,

Thanks,
-Bill

Eric

ACI Subs vs. Velodyne
« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 2004, 01:43 pm »
Hi,

I had the Velodyne SPL-1200 and the Titan. They both have there strengths. In terms of true movie type slam, the Velodyne was wonderful.

I found the Titan to be more "musical". It added wonderful pace to the music without over-powering it