Old-School S/S Grundig Stereo Console - local Chicago-area sales only

dburna

F/S: Lovely vintage S/S Grundig stereo console for local Chicago-area transaction - $200 100 obo
Condition: 6/10.  Great for someone with a little hands-on expertise.

Console has working AM/FM/short-wave but does need a few repairs, to whit:

1. Console light is burned out - should be an easy fix for the handy type (not me)
2. Volume pot is scratchy - needs cleaning
3. Built-in turntable is not working - I do not know what is needed.  When I got it the tt wasn't working and I have no records so I never bothered with it.

Veneer/finish is in darn good shape for its age (about 50 years), but there are a few minor blemishes here and there, to be expected.  All in all, the 'ol girl still looks pretty good.  It still gets regular use on weekends to listen to the radio, and it's a fantastic conversation piece (everyone that stops by for a visit ends up commenting on it), but we need the room for our daughter's keyboard.  I'm going to miss it when it is gone.

BTW, the flash effect makes some of the finish look faded, particularly in the first photo.  That is not the case in-person.

Please PM if interested.  Depending on distance from Chicagoland, I might be able to drive a short/reasonable distance to deliver if you are definitely committed to buy.  I would like to find a good home for this.

Thanks for looking,  -dB

« Last Edit: 1 Dec 2014, 10:24 pm by dburna »

dburna

Bump for price reduction to $100.  Need to clear the space.