RMAF 2016 Attendance

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
RMAF 2016 Attendance
« on: 15 Sep 2016, 07:00 pm »
I am going to miss another one. :oops:  For some reason, I wasn't getting excited about the show.   I am just not in the market for anything at this point and nothing has grabbed my attention.  I am kind of fighting a case of audiophile ennui in general.  Of course, I will miss hanging with Tyson, Jason and other AC buddies , but the hotel rep in charge of the room never responded for months and I kind of took that  as a sign.

As it turns out my wife will be in Orlando for a conference but she gets Sunday and Monday off.  So I am going to join her and our daughter for Disney/Universal stuff and golf.  I used my Frontier points for this flight instead of Denver.   I will have to build up more points for next year.  I am hoping to enjoy Orlando more in October than the last time in stifling July heat. 

Have fun.  I will miss y'all!

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: RMAF 2016 Attendance
« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2016, 07:06 pm »
Sorry to hear that woodsyi!

Hope to show something that you might be interested in.   Will have to catch-up after RMAF.

Rich

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 15 Sep 2016, 07:19 pm »

I am hoping to enjoy Orlando more in October than the last time in stifling July heat. 

Have fun.  I will miss y'all!

October shouldn't be as bad.  Orlando is land locked (I am an hour east and slightly south and not far from the ocean) and tends to get more humid that the coast and a bit colder in winter.  Enjoy Disney.  If you want to see something no far away and a drop off the beaten path - try - http://safariwilderness.com/   Much better than going to a zoo.

djdube525

« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2016, 03:51 pm »
Sorry to hear that woodsyi!

Hope to show something that you might be interested in.   Will have to catch-up after RMAF.

Rich

Hey Rich,

What room are you going to be in? I hope to be there at least one day... would be nice to see whatcha got going on.

-Dave

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 17 Sep 2016, 04:26 pm »
Dave,
Will let you know soon.  Not sure yet the number for the room. 

Best,
Rich

Pez

« Reply #5 on: 18 Sep 2016, 04:39 pm »
 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

vinyl_lady

« Reply #6 on: 19 Sep 2016, 06:04 pm »
I'm going to miss this one too--first one I've missed since the first one--eleven in a row. Like Woodsyi, I'm not in the market for anything and I've hardly been home since early July and I have a trip next week and the week after RMAF. I will miss seeing a lot of friends and hope to be back in 2017. I hope everyone enjoys the show.

Laura

Pez

« Reply #7 on: 28 Sep 2016, 03:05 pm »
OMG! LAURA!!! Oh well... RMAF just won't be the same. Lots of changes this year and unfortunately I suck at change sometimes.  :duh: :lol: I'll make the best of it. Maybe I'll make a full size cardboard cut out of Rim and Laura.  :green:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: 28 Sep 2016, 03:13 pm »
I've canceled my plans too.  This would have been year 14.  Axpona it is!

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #9 on: 28 Sep 2016, 05:02 pm »
HAL MS-3 and dspMusik RevD will be in room 9019 at the Marriott for RMAF2016.

Hope to see folks there.

KLH007

« Reply #10 on: 28 Sep 2016, 06:42 pm »
I'll be at RMAF, covering the show for EnjoyTheMusic.com. Please ACers, feel free to email/PM me about rooms I should cover, thanks.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #11 on: 28 Sep 2016, 06:51 pm »
Looks like maybe "the spell is broken". I have never attended and surely never will but in years past, this event above all others, seemed to be very popular. What has changed?

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #12 on: 28 Sep 2016, 07:35 pm »
I'll be there, Room 7004!  BRING YOUR MUSIC!  :singing:

Sorry to see some of you AC'ers can't make it  :(

Looks like maybe "the spell is broken". I have never attended and surely never will but in years past, this event above all others, seemed to be very popular. What has changed?

Your guess is as good as mine, but I'm thinking a couple of things:

1) It seems there are more audio shows in the USA per year than ever before!  For example, AXPONA and T.H.E. Newport
were big shows this year.  I think having many shows divides up attendees somewhat, and I personally know some people who
just want to fly out to the "biggest" show in the USA and just once a year (instead of numerous shows).  Travel expenses do add up.

2) RMAF's hotel has been going through renovations this year, and it has been a somewhat chaotic for vendors as well as attendees (they
had to even move some sleeping rooms to nearby hotels due to rennovations).  I'm sure RMAF will remain strong, but this has been a challenging year for Marjorie and her team and I know she is doing the best she can given the circumstances.  I do know some vendors who decided to pass on RMAF this year because of this.

I still hope to see many of you there!

Vinnie

Big Red Machine

« Reply #13 on: 28 Sep 2016, 07:38 pm »

Almost too big in some respects and good, large rooms were at a premium - literally, quantity and price. The standard rooms almost always sound like crap and then you fight for seats. But it's fun! and I still like to attend.

TomS

« Reply #14 on: 29 Sep 2016, 12:04 am »
See ya there  :thumb:

taoggniklat

« Reply #15 on: 5 Oct 2016, 08:31 pm »
I plan to visit Friday. I know its the worst day of the 3 but it is what it is for this year.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #16 on: 6 Oct 2016, 01:32 pm »
I'm gonna miss you guys.  I'll be there, but no show coverage this year so I'll be able to focus more on chllin with the peeps :)

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #17 on: 6 Oct 2016, 02:25 pm »
I won't be there either.  Gonna miss you guys (and gals).  See you at Axpona.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #18 on: 6 Oct 2016, 02:37 pm »
I'll be there, if you wanna find me, just look for TomS... :P

Best,
Anand.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #19 on: 6 Oct 2016, 02:47 pm »
Room 6023: JTR Speakers and Digital Amp Co (Cherry)!

Hope to see many Audio Circle members there.

-Tommy O