SOLD Pro-ject Xpression III Turntable/Upgraded Blue Point #2 Cartridge

johzel

soldFor Sale: Due to a lack of use I’m selling my Pro-ject Xpression III Turntable upgraded with the superb Sumiko Blue Point #2 Cartridge. In the roughly 3 years I've owned this table and cartridge it has played maybe 25-30 records. That’s it . . . so have decided to sell. At some point I plan to liquidate my vinyl collection. The original Sumiko Oyster cartridge and accessories will be included in the sale. Cost of the table was $699. The Blue Point cartridge was $399. I’m asking $500 plus shipping and handling costs. Local pick-up always an option. Will package the unit carefully if shipped. Shipping from 53574.

This is a The Absolute Sound Editor’s Choice award winning product. As per their review: "The Xpression III features an acrylic platter, machined cone feet, a carbonfiber arm tube, and other refinements rare at this price. Supplied with Sumiko's excellent Oyster cartridge, the Xpression III has excellent clarity, smoothness, and a wide and deep soundstage."
— The Absolute Sound 2013 Editors' Choice Awards: Turntables under $2000.

« Last Edit: 5 May 2015, 05:36 am by johzel »

orientalexpress

great combo, :thumb:

Lincnabby

• 520-548-8156
Hi Johzel,
I'm brand new to Audio Circle, but I've been on Audiogon for years under the same username. I'm also kind of new to vinyl, and I'm looking to upgrade to a nicer table. I'm interested in your Xpression, but wanted to ask a few questions about it.

Have you noticed any motor noise or just noise in general with this table? I've read that it can have a tendency to have a noisy motor.
And could you tell me how the cartridge was originally set-up? I don't know much about doing it properly. My last table was fairly simple (a Garrard Zero 100c). And I know this table has VTA?? I think I understand that this is a way to manually adjust the tracking weight, etc. Is it difficult to keep it set-up properly.  I kind of want a easy to maintain table that sounds as good as possible.
And with all of that being said, I am interested!
Thanks for your help.
Lincoln

Lincnabby

• 520-548-8156
PS- I'm a UW Madison alum, and I love New Glarus beer too. Unfortunately, I live in Southern Arizona now so it's been awhile. I was a big fan of Sprecher and Captol beer too! :D

johzel

PS- I'm a UW Madison alum, and I love New Glarus beer too. Unfortunately, I live in Southern Arizona now so it's been awhile. I was a big fan of Sprecher and Captol beer too! :D

Hi Lincnabby,

The table has no motor noise that I've heard.  Again, haven't used it that much.  The table came with the Oyster cartridge installed.  A long time audio friend of mine installed the Blue Point for me.  It sounds great so he seems to have done a nice job - I don't know much about such things.  Thanks for your interest.  Drive back to Madison, take the table and a truck load of Spotted Cow beer home to Arizona . . . it'll pay for the table and the trip!!  HA.  :thumb:  Will be back Sunday to respond to any further questions.

On Wisconsin!!!

johzel

Sale Pending.