Ridge Street Audio Designs introduces itself to AudioCircle

Robert C. Schult

« Reply #60 on: 22 Oct 2003, 06:34 am »
Satfrat,
Looks like you're curiosity is stroked again! Well, let me know what you need me to do.....er maybe not.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #61 on: 22 Oct 2003, 06:35 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
satfrat : "You know this would never had been an issue if it wasn`t for Lonewolf42 sending me some burned CD`s from his collection to help break in my Lorelei`s."   Thought you could use some good music - too much TV and DVD will make you go blind ! !  :lol: (How much credit ya got left ? )  :lol:
     I might go blind, but with Robert`s Midicky Nutz, at least I won`t have any shortcummings!!! It`s all night for this ole’ boy. :lol: Regards, Robin

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #62 on: 22 Oct 2003, 06:44 am »
I just applied for a Capital One Platinum Mastercard (4.9%) and if they make the mistake of giving it to me, Robert`s probably gonna hear from me sooner than either of us wants too. :roll:  :wink: Regards, Robin

audiojerry

« Reply #63 on: 27 Oct 2003, 04:32 pm »
My audition period has sadly come an end. I have posted additional comments in the Critics Circle, http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=5618.msg48213#48213, but it doesn't really enhance what I've already said - it is easily the best sounding wire I've ever heard.

Beezer, I believe the audition pack is headed your way. Hold on to your shorts!

Beezer

« Reply #64 on: 27 Oct 2003, 05:22 pm »
Excellent, although I thought I was third on the list.  Did you send it to Ithaca, NY?

Beez

Beezer

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #66 on: 7 Nov 2003, 10:32 am »
Quote from: satfrat
I just applied for a Capital One Platinum Mastercard (4.9%) and if they make the mistake of giving it to me, Robert`s probably gonna hear from me sooner than either of us wants too. :roll:  :wink: Regards, Robin
     Just to update fwiw, Capital One turned me down (big surprise there) but I was able to sell my Yamaha receiver/6 Bose speakers for $1000 so Robert did in fact hear from me again. He built me a 1m MSE gen.11 digital cable w/ 2 "silver" Bybee's, one on each end. This cable kicks serious butt!!! There was such an improvement in detail recognition when comparing this silver Bybee'd gem with Robert's first 2m MSE gen.11 digital cable w/ Bybee's that I had to question if Robert did in fact keep the damn Bybee's for himself like he jokingly said he did. :lol: Seriously, these silver Bybee's are the real deal, a big thanks to Bubba for pointing them out to me. :D Next purchase will have to be a reference multi-format DVD/CDR/SACD/etc player that will be highlighted by this beauty. Thank you Robert! :kiss:  Regards, Robin

Robert C. Schult

« Reply #67 on: 7 Nov 2003, 06:56 pm »
Hi Beezer.
Thank you for spending some time with our offerings. As I expected :wink: , I'm glad you enjoyed your system with MSE Gen.II cables.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #68 on: 25 Nov 2003, 06:38 pm »
Hello Robert, Fed Ex just arrived with your cables. Came in a "Priority Mail" box , delivered by Fed Ex , wonder if UPS helped out? :lol: ...All in good shape, 2 pr. IC's rca, 1pr. IC's xlr, 1 Digital cable,  1pr. Speaker cables. And a package of M&M's (peanut) plus those little m&m things.(Funny, my wife was a rep for M&M Mars for over 5 years, had candy everywhere).Looking forward to this audition beginning tonight ; nice cover letters with each package. Thanks ! !  :)

Robert C. Schult

« Reply #69 on: 25 Nov 2003, 07:15 pm »
Hi Lonewolf.
Thanks for the update. Enjoy your audition and if there's anything I can do to help, let me know. For best effect, don't foget to do something with the M&M like Midinky Nutz. :D

lonewolfny42

« Reply #70 on: 28 Nov 2003, 01:10 am »
WOW !!!..... (Were Dance'in Now !!!)  :dance:

audiojerry

« Reply #71 on: 28 Nov 2003, 05:37 pm »
Nice review there, Lonewolf, but you should avoid being overly verbose  :lol:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #72 on: 3 Dec 2003, 06:06 am »
:dance:  " Still Dance'in ! ! ".  :dance:  (boy are my feet tired !)  :lol:     .......... :?:  Question for Bill@LakeGeorge, will you be posting a review ?  :?:

Bill@LakeGeorge

Short Review
« Reply #73 on: 3 Dec 2003, 01:46 pm »
It was very hard to notice any improvement.  I had to reposition my speakers because the cables Robert supplied were to short for my setup.

That being said, I put all the cabling in the day it arrived and listened carefully for 4 days even 2 friends could not notice any difference.

The following 4 days I removed a cable each day starting with the speaker cables and then balanced, interconnects and last the digital.  I can honestly say that I or my friends heard no improvement or for that matter no downgrading of sound.  Most of my cables were hand made for me by Alan Maher of Perfect Cable.

On another note on a previous occassion Satfrat came to visit with his Ridge Street digital with a Bybee added, and although he will never agree, there was a significant roll off of the high end it just sucked all the sparkle out of the music.  My opinion only.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #74 on: 3 Dec 2003, 06:47 pm »
Your right and wrong Bill. It was a MSE digital with TWO Bybee's. :nono: :D But you are right about my Bybee's taking out the spaekle in the music,,, the sparkling harshness that is generated from digital sources. :D The Bybee digital also added body and substance along with helping make your Onix Ref 2's disappear. There was too much localization of the individual drivers from that "sparkle". Too my ears, I'd rather not know which driver is doing what. What can I say Bill,,,, I WANT A REMATCH!  :duel:  Regards, Robin

audiojerry

« Reply #75 on: 3 Dec 2003, 07:10 pm »
Bill@lakegeorge,
How's the weather there?

Thanks for offering your views, whether it differs from others or not. Just to get a better perspective, maybe you can rank your Bill Maher wires in comparison to others you've used, and list your components and the type of music used for evaluation.

Bill@LakeGeorge

System
« Reply #76 on: 3 Dec 2003, 08:19 pm »
Robin take note, :oops:

Speakers Onix Ref 2's, Swan Diva dipole surrounds,  HSU 2 sub and PBS 2 sub.  Denon 2900 DVD, Parasound A51 amp, Parasound C2 processor.  I also have the Ref 100 center but do not use it the system, sounds better without it better separation.  In addition to Alan Maher cabling he also made me a custom power conditioner using a BPT 2 chassis.  

I listen mostly to Classic Rock, Blues & Jazz probably louder than most.

I hooked up with Alan early on in building this system each addition made an improvement.  Surely not as good as the improvements Robin has experienced but then no one could ever match his prowess for tweaking a system. :lol: If we do have a rematch we are bringing in more voters.

Jerry it is colder than a witches left (.)

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #77 on: 4 Dec 2003, 05:14 am »
:lol: Looks like we both have a problem with (2) Bill. :oops: Correction made. We in Vermont have 0°F, nice night to take the dog for a midnight walk. I do look forward to Bill coming over so I can show off my meager setup with a tweak or (2) thrown in. Regards, Robin

lonewolfny42

« Reply #78 on: 4 Dec 2003, 05:58 am »
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=6013 Could this have affected your audition  :?:

audiojerry

« Reply #79 on: 4 Dec 2003, 07:27 pm »
No offense intended, Bill, but it's possible that your system is not resolving enough to easily detect differences in wire. I'm not suggesting that your system does not sound good, and it may be very synergistic.