Salamander synergy cabinet shelves

Mossback

Salamander synergy cabinet shelves
« on: 25 Oct 2015, 08:23 pm »
Inside Synergy cabinets are adjustable sliding aluminum shelve locators/holders. Each MDF plastic coated shelf is held by four holders each having an area about 5/8 square that the shelf sits on. I would like to place something between the shelf and locators. The shelf component weight is under 25 lbs. One shelf preamps second Oppo DVD player . Carpet over cement floor. Thanks!

Phil A

Re: Salamander synergy cabinet shelves
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2015, 08:40 pm »
Inside Synergy cabinets are adjustable sliding aluminum shelve locators/holders. Each MDF plastic coated shelf is held by four holders each having an area about 5/8 square that the shelf sits on. I would like to place something between the shelf and locators. The shelf component weight is under 25 lbs. One shelf preamps second Oppo DVD player . Carpet over cement floor. Thanks!

I currently use Synergy (two 40 inch towers and a bridge) in a secondary system but used to have it in the main system.  I generally use isolation devices on the shelf (various - Gingko Audio Cloud 10 under an Oppo 103D).  You are talking about the one shelf that that has the supports front to back?  That one is usually put near the middle of the rack (I've set up quite a few) to solidify the side rails.  I'd think spikes at the bottom of the cabinet to acoustically couple it to the floor would be good. I guess one could also get those stick on felt protector dots and use a bunch on each side of the shelf support under the shelf as well

Mossback

« Reply #2 on: 25 Oct 2015, 08:56 pm »
Thanks Phil. A bit overkill maybe but I have a symposium svelte on one shelf then Stillpoints ultra SS under a Modright 105. The other shelf holds a preamp with symposium roller locks and the 105 power unit. The power unit needs Tender feet.
I'm thinking extra thick grunt buster dots for the rack?

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
« Reply #3 on: 25 Oct 2015, 09:15 pm »
A regular 5/8"-diameter grungebuster Dot between each shelf and locator would be ideal. Extra-Thick grungebuster Dots could be used, but not really necessary unless you have particular macro issues like footfall or something and a turntable on the shelf.

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab

Mossback

« Reply #4 on: 25 Oct 2015, 11:49 pm »
Thank you Steve!

Starchild

• Free your mind and your behind will follow!
« Reply #5 on: 3 Nov 2015, 12:25 pm »
A regular 5/8"-diameter grungebuster Dot between each shelf and locator would be ideal. Extra-Thick grungebuster Dots could be used, but not really necessary unless you have particular macro issues like footfall or something and a turntable on the shelf.

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab

Hi Steve,

I have Target and Standesign racks that have a lip (for lack of a better term) in each corner to hold up the shelf.  Would you recommend regular Grungebuster dots in this case as well?  What about a Standesing/Target amp stand with an 80 lb amp?

Thanks,
Mike

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
« Reply #6 on: 3 Nov 2015, 06:10 pm »
Yes.

~Steve