If you ever wanted a deal on LS-6 or LS-9 kits now is your chance.

sveetsnelda

I did have anything to do with how the base was attached.

I assume you meant "didn't"?  :D

Yeah, I can track down some screws.

Danny Richie

I assume you meant "didn't"? 

You are correct.

persisting1

The LS 6 cabinets in Rosewood and Palisander are on sale for 50% off the original price.  Then all you'll have to do is call Danny.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
The LS 6 cabinets in Rosewood and Palisander are on sale for 50% off the original price.  Then all you'll have to do is call Danny.

What does 50% off make the price?

mcallister

399 for the rosewood and 299 for the pallisander. Looks like they also have a ls9 kit for 50% off but the price was raised to 1099.99 before the 50% :?

Danny Richie

They are really clearing it out and giving it away. If you ever wanted a pair of these great speakers, then now is DEFINITELY your chance.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
399 for the rosewood and 299 for the pallisander. Looks like they also have a ls9 kit for 50% off but the price was raised to 1099.99 before the 50% :?

Holy $hit! 

Where can I put these?   :scratch:  Kinda too nice for the garage...

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel

Maklar

Apply Coupon Heat Buster at checkout for 50% off.

I'm assuming if you use these for HT you need to somehow get 3 so you can use one as a center channel?  What about issues using them behind an at screen?  I'm not sure if they will fully clear the wall surrounding the screen, but I haven't decided yet what material I will use.  I'm just worried that the fake wall will change the sound different from the screen.

Additionally, any thoughts on what to use if you wanted to go with either wide or height based fronts?  What about surrounds to match?  I'm looking to replace my current system when we finish the house next year so planning it out now.  Currently looking at the LS6 as I think that will do fine for my room.

mcallister

Apply Coupon Heat Buster at checkout for 50% off.

I'm assuming if you use these for HT you need to somehow get 3 so you can use one as a center channel?  What about issues using them behind an at screen?  I'm not sure if they will fully clear the wall surrounding the screen, but I haven't decided yet what material I will use.  I'm just worried that the fake wall will change the sound different from the screen.

Additionally, any thoughts on what to use if you wanted to go with either wide or height based fronts?  What about surrounds to match?  I'm looking to replace my current system when we finish the house next year so planning it out now.  Currently looking at the LS6 as I think that will do fine for my room.

I have three LS9's as my frontsoundstage and use a Seymour AV AT screen in my theater. They can build the drop to you liking on the screen so these will fit in your room. If you use a pre/pro with room correction if will correct the -2db that the screen causes in the setup. Things sound wonderful

freerider

Greetings everyone!  I'm new to this forum, and I just bought the LS6 cabinets on a wing and prayer.  I don't have any experience with speakers of this caliber.  I do own an MWF15, but my mains are Polk RTi12s (older version of A9s).

Anyway, I've always dreamed of having two massive towers of power in my living room, so I had to jump at this opportunity.  I could never come close to building even an bare MFD cabinet for the same cost of these LS6's on sale.

It'll take some time to get the kit, but I'm pretty excited about the future potential!  I'm hoping my Emotiva XPA-5 will power these nicely.

I bought the Palisander, even though the veneer cracks, because my MFW15 is Palisander (and cracked all over).  I'm hoping the cracks won't be as noticeable, but we'll see.  I find that unless direct light is reflecting of the finish, you don't really see the cracks.  Who can complain at $300 a pair??

kingdeezie

Freerider, welcome.

These speakers are excellent, I own a pair.

The Emotiva will work fine.

Overtime, you should certainly if funds allow, upgrade your electronics. IMVHO, these speakers need a heck of a lot of money thrown at electronics to even think of being the limiting factor in your system.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
That is a screaming deal....finished LS6 cabinets for the price of the MDF and a couple of clamps.  You certainly won't be sorry.  I've heard just about all the GR-Research products, and I prefer the LS6's and 9's to all others.  The V-1 may have an slight edge on accuracy of the lowest bass half octave, but not dynamics and imaging.   

As a matter of fact, I just bought one of the LS9 cabinets- just too good to pass up.

Danny Richie

As a matter of fact, I just bought one of the LS9 cabinets- just too good to pass up.

Just one?

S Clark

Correction- 2 cabinets.  I've still got the other one cut out, but I've not gotten the veneer to my satisfaction.  Now I can have the 9's up and running while I decide whether to continue with doing the veneer, or sell the flat pack.

lifeisgood

Could a 50w tube amp push the GR  LS6? I bought the Melody Astro 50 from engulfaudio.com at a small group meeting with Robert and just love it but wanted something like the LS6s, which I never heard of till the audio meeting. Also, is the kit the "best" for the speakers or is there an upgrade fro them also?

S Clark

I know that Danny designed them with a 50 WPC tube amp.  The LS9's take a little more power.

woofersus

• Industry Participant
  • Authorized Dealer: Melody & Angel City Audio
    • East Street Audio
I believe Nhan is pushing his LS-6's with a pair of 21w Melody M845's.  The 50w from the Astro Black 50 should be fine.

Tim Evans
East Street Audio
Onix, Melody, & ACA
« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2010, 12:37 am by woofersus »

sveetsnelda

If you're keeping tally Danny, I'm building a set of LS-6's also.   :lol:

This brings the tally to 2 pairs of LS9's and 1 pair of LS-6's that I'll be ordering from you when I get the $$$ (soon).   :drool:

freerider

Does anyone know of a way to listen to LS6's (or LS9's) somewhere in the Seattle, WA area?  My wife is dying to know what I'm spending all this money on.  She thinks my Polk's are fine (which they are, but I want better than 'fine').

I've been able to audition Axiom's in this area before, and that worked out great.  Hoping to do the same with the LS6's.