Felix meets the Squeezebox

kyrill

Re: Felix meets the Squeezebox
« Reply #80 on: 10 May 2008, 09:20 am »
thx paul

so what may we expect when we use the felix b e h i n d the PWS in a for instance, 0.6 A DC ?
If i assume through the lines of Pat, he did measure a bare cmc in a 0.6A DC,  and measured "something"

Dear Pat what did you measure?
Kyrill
« Last Edit: 10 May 2008, 10:05 am by kyrill »

jonwb

« Reply #81 on: 26 Aug 2008, 03:17 pm »
...and then all fell quiet...   :scratch:  (maybe it was restarted in another thread?)

Did anyone ever get around to trying a Felix setup in between the 5VDC power supply and the SB?  Did it work/sound good?  Did it cause your TV to explode? 

Just curious, thanks

anthony a.

« Reply #82 on: 1 Mar 2009, 06:14 pm »
bump

any news on this?

kyrill

« Reply #83 on: 1 Mar 2009, 07:09 pm »
I have a very, probably very very good Paul Hynes analogue
pws for the SB3, so to try out my stock 5V SWPS with Felix behind it, is
for me uninteresting, especially since I need 5V and 3.3 V. The stock does not provide
3.3V

But is it (theoretically) possible that a SWPS will lose all its negative effects with a felix in front of it ( to shield it for the other
elements of the setup) and behind it to shield the -this case SB3/Duet- from switiching nasties?

kyrill

« Reply #84 on: 1 Mar 2009, 11:15 pm »
thx Paul

btw is it really important those red dots of the coil should be on the left?
harm done when they are on the right?

Occam

« Reply #85 on: 1 Mar 2009, 11:30 pm »
No, it doesn't matter if the dotted ends are both on the source or the load, the flux from differential signals with still cancel, so rotating 180 degrees maintains proper operation. Rotating 90 degrees, will hopefully only result in a blown fuse or breaker. Been there, done that.... :oops:

BradJudy

« Reply #86 on: 1 Mar 2009, 11:57 pm »
If kyrill is using the boards he bought, then there's no chance of messing up that part.  The CMC's have different lead spacing for 90 degree orientation, so they won't fit on the board.  :)

JoshK

« Reply #87 on: 1 Mar 2009, 11:59 pm »
No, it doesn't matter if the dotted ends are both on the source or the load, the flux from differential signals with still cancel, so rotating 180 degrees maintains proper operation. Rotating 90 degrees, will hopefully only result in a blown fuse or breaker. Been there, done that.... :oops:

Ditto.  Brainlessly hooked it up as if it were a primary/secondary.  Nope!    :duh:

yammy1688

« Reply #88 on: 14 Mar 2009, 12:54 am »
Where can one buy a DC blocker?  I'm in the process of putting a felix together :)

richidoo

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #90 on: 14 Mar 2009, 03:06 am »
What cap values should be used with the DC blocker ? What determines the appropriate cap value? What temp. rating?

Thanks,

Roy

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #91 on: 19 Mar 2009, 08:57 pm »
...and then all fell quiet...   :scratch:  (maybe it was restarted in another thread?)

Did anyone ever get around to trying a Felix setup in between the 5VDC power supply and the SB?  Did it work/sound good?  Did it cause your TV to explode? 

Just curious, thanks

Bump

Occam

« Reply #92 on: 21 Mar 2009, 03:34 pm »
What cap values should be used with the DC blocker ? What determines the appropriate cap value? What temp. rating?

Thanks,

Roy

Brystron's circuit -

using 33,000uf 6.3v caps, voltage sufficiently above the 2 diode drops, with a current capabilty sufficient for the load. 85c and 105c temp ratings are both applicable if the enclosure is sufficiently ventilated.

http://sound.westhost.com/articles/xfmr-dc.htm

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #93 on: 21 Mar 2009, 04:50 pm »
Thanks Occam

I have a Radio Shack full wave bridge rectifier (50V, 25A, forward voltage drop 1.7V, reverse leakage 100uA). So, I guess that the Nichicon 1500uf/16v caps/105c I have would sufficient for this application.  . I suppose I could parallel the caps for more capacity.

I'm trying to work my way through the article you linked in order to gain more in-depth knowledge.

-Roy

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #94 on: 26 Apr 2009, 11:00 pm »

Just curious, thanks

bump

Occam

kinku

« Reply #96 on: 27 Feb 2013, 10:59 pm »
Why CMC are limited to only 2 or three makes from coilcraft and bourns. Has anyone tried with different CMCs out there?
Is the way in which capacitors and CMC have been used make a difference ,if CMC inductance value changes?