A Possible Lesson From Infinity Owners?

Housteau

A Possible Lesson From Infinity Owners?
« on: 23 Dec 2012, 03:26 pm »
I had been thinking about something.  For 17+ years before I had my current VMPS speaker system I owned one of the Infinity IRS series system, the RS1bs.  For many of those years those speakers were no longer supported for a various number of reasons.  Basically, repairs and parts support were left up to the resourcefulness of the owner community.  Fortunately there was and still is a good sized and knowledgeable community that supports itself by sharing that knowledge and support.

We are all waiting and hoping for some sort of future with VMPS continuing on in some form, or another and that may very well be the case.  But, this could take some time.  We have a good community here and I suggest we keep these lines of communication open here on this forum.  As a community we are strong and each of us have something important to share, some with set up, and others with more technical aspects of our speakers.  In the time to come some of these that currently may seem simple and basic could be of great value to others. 

While many VMPS owners know of and participate here on this forum, there must be many times these numbers that either do not actively monitor this forum, or do not even know it exists.  I think it would be a good idea to attempt to round up as many of these as we can to bring them in to our community.  That benefits everyone.  The official VMPS sales people and those that have sold their personal system to others are in the best position to know who some of these owners may be. 

Try to make contact and make an invitation.

PMAT

Re: A Possible Lesson From Infinity Owners?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Dec 2012, 12:19 am »
Great idea Housteau. Gathering here for a while is comforting too. Just seeing a post here made me happy. We need some new posts.

PMAT

John Casler

« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2012, 12:39 am »
Hi Dave,

Yes that is exactly my feeling too.  I have been contacting people left and right to inform them of what has turned to bad news and encouraging them to post.

I think at some point we may have to ask AudioCircle to change the Circles status to a "VMPS Users/Owners Circle".  Not sure what that involves, but I would hope it simple and easy.

JerryD6

« Reply #3 on: 24 Dec 2012, 01:46 am »
Yes, great idea. I read the forum almost daily and will continue to do so. I am happy to give any support I can.

I had Infinity Betas for a number of years and know first hand about the support issues. It would be welcome if future support for VMPS does develop and Dave's suggestion seems a good way to begin.