Saturday, Dec 3 from 3pm to 8pm... the Christmas party!

daves

We will host it, since Scott's house is in the midst of an addition. I am thinking the first week in December, which would be the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th(Fri, Sat, Sun) of December. Early enough to miss the scheduled events, and maybe the bad weather as well!

In honor of our new president-elect, we can have the majority of one system be entirely Chinese manufactured, with a Ming Da preamp, Opera Consonance 211 amps, Grant Fidelity LS3/5A speakers, and Sony cd player. We will have a pair of Fisher 50A monoblocs making their first appearance, from 1955.

The other systems, as usual, will be a mix of nationalities. Please feel free to bring an appetizer and/or grog of your choice, we will provide chili and many hot sauces.
« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2016, 02:28 pm by daves »

JohnH12

• John H
Re: So when is the Christmas-Hanakkuh-Kwanza-Festivus party?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2016, 02:44 am »
Sounds like fun I'll try to keep it open.  I'm working on a new (budget) speaker kit I may bring along.

Blackmore

« Reply #2 on: 15 Nov 2016, 06:55 pm »
That's my busiest weekend in December. Sorry I can't make it. 

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2016, 05:49 pm »
Don't think I can make it. That's a busy week for us also with family obligations. Enjoy!

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2016, 06:24 pm »
Would love to, but working.     :|

BaronKyle

• The more I see, the less I know for sure.
« Reply #5 on: 19 Nov 2016, 02:49 am »
Good date choices, but pretty flexible here.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #6 on: 21 Nov 2016, 03:52 pm »
"I'm out", too many things going on.  :?

daves

« Reply #7 on: 24 Nov 2016, 12:38 am »
We will host it on Saturday, December 3, from 3 pm to 8pm.

Dave

daves

Re: Saturday, Dec 3 from 3pm to 8pm... the Christmas party!
« Reply #8 on: 27 Nov 2016, 01:53 pm »
We will run the Juicy Music Blueberry preamp with the Opera Consonance 211 monoblocs on a pair of 1959 AR3A speakers in the man cave, the Sun Audio SV2A3 integrated on the Altec Model 19s in the kitchen, and the Ming Da preamp, the Handmade Audio WE 91 300B knockoffs, and the IMFs in the family room upstairs.

The man cave will be more organized on Saturday. I really struggled trying to get these battery cable speaker cables to $%# fit into the vintage speaker terminal posts that were not designed to accept modern audiophile spades and 8 gauge wiring!

BaronKyle

« Reply #9 on: 1 Dec 2016, 02:04 am »
Dave, I have a special request.

Can you unearth the Citation II and V, so I can familiarize myself with these vintage wonders?

Best.

daves

« Reply #10 on: 2 Dec 2016, 02:01 pm »
Kyle, I already have the II out and available. I'll have to demo both to see if they are still happy.

The AR3s are sidelined; one woofer is rubbing slightly.

daves

« Reply #11 on: 2 Dec 2016, 07:34 pm »
The Citation II is upstairs, hooked up to the IMFs, running cds through the Juicy Music Merlin. This thing is a beast, let me tell you! My back is barking, hauling the bleeping 75 pound amp upstairs introduced me to a couple vertebrae I have not heard from before. Kyle, you can assuage my pain with a few microbrews! :-)

KenSeger

• Heavy and noisy, but beautiful
    • Ken's Plain Jane Website
« Reply #12 on: 3 Dec 2016, 06:01 pm »
3 to 8 works for me today.  See you in a few hours.
Ken

BaronKyle

« Reply #13 on: 3 Dec 2016, 06:05 pm »
Thanks Dave, Sidney Harman would be proud.

I'm at Companion, so I'll bring some Cinnamon rolls baked about 4 hours earlier.

kentj1948

« Reply #14 on: 4 Dec 2016, 02:50 pm »
Thanks to you and Colleen for inviting us into your home once again.  It was great to see everyone who stopped by.  Best wishes for the Holidays to everyone at GAS.

Kent

daves

« Reply #15 on: 4 Dec 2016, 06:30 pm »
Thanks go out to Kent, Kevin, Mike, Kyle, Rich and Annis, Carl, Christie, and Cam, Jeff and Quinn, Gordon, Ken, Gabe, and whoever else my rattled brain forgot for stopping in and kicking the festivities for the evening. It is always fun to see y'all, as the food, drink, music, and the conversations never lag.

In business not yet completed, Colleen reminded me that we still have an Ion turntable, a Dual 1019 turntable, and a 1939 Zenith floor console to be given away, gratis. Don't be shy, speak up and they are yours!

Special thanks to Gabe, who brought back the RekOKut Rondine L34 table, cloaked in a splendid new walnut faced, flamed maple top plinth to die for. There are acres of room up top, with provisions for both a 9" and a 12" to 16" transcription arm, in detachable mount pods with grain matching. The walnut was cut from a single board, and then mitre cut and edge tracked around the entire form, so the grain flows continuously. The attention to detail is wonderful. Thanks, Gabe!

Kent, Colleen found a stamp pack that Lauren might want to purchase as well. Trekkies rule!

« Last Edit: 9 Dec 2016, 03:33 pm by daves »

mjmsound

« Reply #16 on: 4 Dec 2016, 11:24 pm »
Had a good time. I am a little jealous over the Rek-O-Kut. Gabe did a wonderful job.

vinyldavid

• Collectorious Giganticus
« Reply #17 on: 5 Dec 2016, 06:52 am »
I'm so sorry I couldn't make it!  An early morning concert rehearsal and Christmas Shipping left me whipped.  Next time, I'll be there!

That Zenith might have to have a place in my forthcoming museum room.....

Batsong

« Reply #18 on: 5 Dec 2016, 04:34 pm »
Thanks, Dave.  You showed us a great time.  Really nice time to relax.  Really cool to reconnect with the Gassers and meet some new friends.
-Gabe

BaronKyle

« Reply #19 on: 7 Dec 2016, 01:18 am »
Dave, I like the Juicy Music gear.  Did you have Mark Deneen build yours or did you acquire yours on a secondary market?  (Klipsch forums)

Clear, accurate, good stage.

Question: you know how the Sun 2a3 has a nice sparkle to the treble.  Are there any tube preamps that will do that?