PowerPlay reviews?

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
PowerPlay reviews?
« on: 26 Mar 2018, 10:37 pm »
Hello all,
Have there been any actual reviews of the PowerPlay Monitors? I know there has been some discusion in several threads but nothing that amounts to an actual review. Perhaps the most helpful discussion can be found here:
https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/a-future-direction-for-loudspeakers.97725/

And reviews in the works?

Cheers,
Lester

jsalk

• Facilitator
    • Salk Signature Sound
Re: PowerPlay reviews?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Mar 2018, 02:58 pm »
Lester -

We have not submitted a pair of these for review.  So there are no actual reviews per se. 

We liked this speaker so much, we produced a passive version called the SongSurround Plus.  It is great sounding as well.

But the active crossover in the PowerPlay Monitors provides tools so that the frequency response is almost totally flat.  In that regard, it is the most accurate speaker we have produced to date. 

A while back, we took the PowerPlay Monitors to an audio society meeting here in SE Michigan.  When I brought them into the room, there were a bunch of vinyl guys standing around and they basically held their noses.  This was not something they felt belonged at this sort of gathering.  Then we played them and everyone in the room was blown away by how good they sounded.  I don't think most of these people would purchase an active speaker, but they certainly had to admit that their attitude about the concept had changed.

- Jim