METALHEADS ONLY!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
METALHEADS ONLY!
« on: 28 May 2003, 09:31 am »
Just bought The Dark Ride and Rabbit Don't Come Easy by Helloween today, and frankly I'm blown away;  both of 'em totally kick ass!  If you're a fan you'll totally hit 'em in stride here; if not, this is a great place to get on board.

Helloween started out as a pretty blatant 'Maiden ripoff band, but something curious happened on the way- they became really good.  And not at copping 'Maiden, they really found their own sound.  Much looser and funnier, they don't take themselves too seriously.  Much lighter stuff.

Again, very good stuff if you dig 80's style metal.

Brad

METALHEADS ONLY!
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2003, 02:09 pm »
Thanks for the tip, Rob.

Keeper of the Seven Keys 1 & 2 rock.  Good to know Helloween is still making good music.  They do have a pretty good sense of humor.

Sa-dono

METALHEADS ONLY!
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2003, 05:51 pm »
How good are the recordings on a scale of 1-10? I'm already getting ready to weed out the cr*p recordings out my collection...don't want to buy more  :mrgreen:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
METALHEADS ONLY!
« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2003, 07:55 pm »
I'd say The Dark Ride is maybe an 8, while oddly enough the new one is about a 7, possibly 7.5.  Ride has better bass and is more dynamic; I think Rabbit has a little too much compression.  Both sound really good, certainly among the best sounding the band has done.

Sa-dono

METALHEADS ONLY!
« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2003, 09:54 pm »
Cool..thanks Rob! I'll have to check them out.