What happen to Acoustic Zen?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
What happen to Acoustic Zen?
« on: 16 Aug 2010, 05:11 pm »
Anybody know? Their web site is down and phones disconnected. Cusrious if anyone knows what is happening with them?

Eric

Re: What happen to Acoustic Zen?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2010, 05:58 pm »
I tried the link to their site from google and got sent to a generic audio search site

http://www.acousticzen.com/

I wonder if their url expired

Eric

« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2010, 06:14 pm »
I found a thread over on Audiogon from march of this year. Evidently some were having trouble getting the AZ site to load at that time

Here is a link

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?cspkr&1204906677

I posted another one to see if anything has changed

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 16 Aug 2010, 06:28 pm »
I can understand a website going down from time to time but their phones are no longer in service. :scratch:

craig223

« Reply #4 on: 16 Aug 2010, 07:03 pm »
The Acoustic Zen domain name expired yesterday (8-15-2010), according to a WhoIs search on GoDaddy.  They need to renew it ASAP to keep somebody else from snapping it up.  This explains their web site being unavailable.  Here is there registered contact info:

Administrative Contact:
Acoustic Zen Technologies
Robert Lee (cableguy@cts.com)
858-4877429
Fax: 858-4876281
17557 Mentero Road
San Diego, CA 92128
US

craig223

« Reply #5 on: 16 Aug 2010, 07:06 pm »
The contact email address bounced back to me :cry:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #6 on: 16 Aug 2010, 07:25 pm »
Their Adagio's would be on my short list to audition if I had one.  Hope all is well with the company.

werd

« Reply #7 on: 16 Aug 2010, 07:40 pm »
Their Adagio's would be on my short list to audition if I had one.  Hope all is well with the company.

They were on my shortlist and i did buy them.....  :thumb:

bside123

« Reply #8 on: 16 Aug 2010, 07:50 pm »

I also hope all is well with AZ. They make/made very good products, both speakers and wires. Robert Lee has been really hospitable and helpful when I contacted him in the past with questions. Jim, I do have a set of the Adagios Jrs. in one of my systems, and you made me some of your wool deflectors. Those deflectors made a definite improvement in the dispersion of the tweeters, and I enjoy the Adagios even more with your product.  :)

trianglezerius

« Reply #9 on: 16 Aug 2010, 08:01 pm »
Interesting news. I'm in the process of switching all my cables to AZ and currently have by them:
2-Tsunami's (PC)
1-Wow (IC)
1-Hologram II (SC)
 So I will be following this closely.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #10 on: 16 Aug 2010, 08:46 pm »
My understanding now is that they have a new phone number and are working on a new website. I didn't think Robert would let AZ go :D

wywires

« Reply #11 on: 16 Aug 2010, 09:42 pm »
My understanding now is that they have a new phone number and are working on a new website. I didn't think Robert would let AZ go :D

Why would they risk a business interruption just to have a new website and new phone number. There are many ways to accomplish that without shutting things down even temporarily. I really like their speaker products as well as their cables and it's a shame if they are having difficulty.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #12 on: 28 Aug 2010, 03:33 am »
Their site is back online...i guess they had technical problems on the website.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #13 on: 28 Aug 2010, 04:15 am »
I also hope all is well with AZ. They make/made very good products, both speakers and wires. Robert Lee has been really hospitable and helpful when I contacted him in the past with questions. Jim, I do have a set of the Adagios Jrs. in one of my systems, and you made me some of your wool deflectors. Those deflectors made a definite improvement in the dispersion of the tweeters, and I enjoy the Adagios even more with your product.  :)
Bside, always makes me happy to hear I've helped bring a man and his music more closely together.  Deflectors is a misnomer, however, I gotta point out.  We're just removing baffle interaction with waveforms radiated by our tweeters.  Gotta share what a guy sent to me bout 5 hours ago:

"Hello Jim

I made the adjustment you recommended with respect to speaker placement, toe in and seating position.  Well, the soundstage opened up, better imaging front to back and an improvement soundstage width, however still some glare present.  I listened to my system each evening for a week while waiting for my surrounds to arrive.  Here is the good news, I applied the surrounds and the glare which was causing my listening fatigue was eliminated.  Better focus, better presence, smother sounding yet more detail. I have a sense of air and presence which was not there previously.  This is a wonderful product that I could not live without in my system.  I spent countless dollars changing cables, amplifiers, power cords, power conditioning trying to get my system to sound right.  I wish I found the surrounds earlier.

Regards

George"

The italics are his.  Guy is from Nova Scotia and says he's gonna give me shout out up there.

Thanks, B.  Listen well.

(moved to the right thread)  $1500 bucks and new, eh?  Well, I read an enthusiastic review of some Silverline Minuet towers (over and under 5" mid/bass drivers)- I think they are around a thousand- but, these would depend on it being a smaller room, I would think.  And I sincerely hope Acoustic Zen is alive and well.   
« Last Edit: 28 Aug 2010, 12:42 pm by jimdgoulding »

bside123

« Reply #14 on: 28 Aug 2010, 04:39 am »
Deflectors is a misnomer, however, I gotta point out.  We're just removing baffle interaction with waveforms radiated by our tweeters.

Thanks Jim. I stand corrected. "Surrounds" it is... I probably just made up the term deflector, as I couldn't think of the name. I also have Dunlavy speakers, and they use much the same design around the tweeters. Happy listening.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #15 on: 28 Aug 2010, 04:43 am »
 Wink2