New DHT Line Stage

Srajan Ebaen

• Industry Participant
Re: New DHT Line Stage
« Reply #300 on: 30 Aug 2016, 08:45 am »
I've got an order in for EML 2A3 meshies but Jac van de Walle is on company summer holidaze until the end of the month. Once he returns, I'm hoping to get a pair for mid September which will be my first rolling exercise on the DHT LIO...

jriggy

« Reply #301 on: 30 Aug 2016, 10:12 pm »

- If you haven't done so already, check out the 6moons review!  This was the last page posted (for those who
have been following it and have already read the others), and gets into the listening impressions:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/vinnierossi2/7.html

This really sums it up:

Quote from: Srajan Ebaen / 6moons.com
It's no exaggeration to write that compared to Nagra, Vinnie Rossi the brand is a flyweight. Swat. It's an upstart barely out of its diapers. In my exotic Olympics however, his Lio DHT PRE took the gold, my beloved Nagra Jazz the bronze. The silver remained out of reach for the Swiss given the size of Lio's lead. 12Awhatever7 triodes of the small-signal persuasion just won't reach this plateau regardless of design pedigree. Vinnie called it. Quite the sobering realization. Given that the Lio platform had previously nabbed one of our exceedingly rare Lunar Eclipse Awards, it had already maxed out our special recognition scheme as well. Time to pause and let it all sink in.

Quote from: Srajan Ebaen / 6moon.com
As reviewed, the Lio DAC/headfi/pre 3-in-one DHT is a game but more importantly gestalt changer.
 :thumb:  8)  :dance:

Many thanks to Srajan for all his effort in writing this, starting from the beginning when LIO DHT PRE was still being designed and finalized!

And Srajan mentioned that he'll post a follow-up when he gets other tubes to roll in...

- Next month, I have some new things to announce in the VR forum that are coming soon.   :wink:

Have a great week!

Vinnie

That sounds like Srajan gave the LIO DHT the gold AND the silver medals in his exotic Olympics!  :wink:  :thumb:

tme110

« Reply #302 on: 2 Sep 2016, 03:23 pm »
I hope I get to hear the DHT at some point, but it likely wont happen.  I understand that the sound is pretty great but how much of a change is it over say the AVC tubestage?  Is this something that is amazing but only noticeable during critical listening? Or can you turn on your music, forget about it as your distracted by something else but still realize how much better everything sounds?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #303 on: 2 Sep 2016, 06:51 pm »
I hope I get to hear the DHT at some point, but it likely wont happen.  I understand that the sound is pretty great but how much of a change is it over say the AVC tubestage?  Is this something that is amazing but only noticeable during critical listening? Or can you turn on your music, forget about it as your distracted by something else but still realize how much better everything sounds?

Hate to say it, but it is a BIG improvement that is obvious and apparent from the moment you hear it.

George

sfox7076

« Reply #304 on: 2 Sep 2016, 08:14 pm »
DHT is a whole philosophy in my mind.  It is very different from indirect tubes.  Hard to quantify without hearing.  Indirect tubes, to me, are more forgiving than DHT for build and circuit quality.  That said, they cannot as easily sound so intimate and lifelike. I think of it like wine.  A young Pinot Noir from burgundy is often amazing and can be from a lot of different producers. It is well worth the price.  A well aged Margeux is perfection and there are only a few producers that can do it.  Well done DHT is like that.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #305 on: 2 Sep 2016, 11:58 pm »
A well aged Margeux is perfection and there are only a few producers that can do it.  Well done DHT is like that.
Yeah, there's a new Margeux out.  It's called Vinnie Rossi...BOOM!

SteveKi

« Reply #306 on: 4 Sep 2016, 12:37 pm »
Has anybody noticed that the relay clicks have gotten louder with the new DHT module?
Steve

sfox7076

« Reply #307 on: 4 Sep 2016, 12:44 pm »
Probably due to holes in the top plate.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #308 on: 4 Sep 2016, 01:14 pm »
Has anybody noticed that the relay clicks have gotten louder with the new DHT module?
Steve
Nope, not at all.   :green:

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #309 on: 4 Sep 2016, 01:34 pm »
Steve

Nope.

Same level here. 

George

SteveKi

« Reply #310 on: 4 Sep 2016, 01:47 pm »
Nope.

Same level here. 

George

Does your new (DHT) top cover have the rubber layer like on the original cover.
Steve

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #311 on: 4 Sep 2016, 01:49 pm »
Does your new (DHT) top cover have the rubber layer like on the original cover.
Steve

Steve,

I was using the clear acrylic top before moving up to the DHT.

George

yardbird4

« Reply #312 on: 4 Sep 2016, 07:36 pm »
Steve

Me neither ... but I never notice anyway unless there is no music playing and most of the time not then either.

yardbird4

« Reply #313 on: 4 Sep 2016, 07:41 pm »

As good as the AVC/Tubestage is ... it is no DHT - PRE.  You will notice the difference from the "get go" ... to use an timeworn phrase.

Chris Adams

« Reply #314 on: 4 Sep 2016, 11:17 pm »
If . . . I . . . could . . . just . . . stay . . . away . . . and not read all these glowing comments and reviews. :nono: I guess I'll be placing my order on Tuesday. :duh: DHT, dac, amp and inputs. :thumb:

TomS

« Reply #315 on: 5 Sep 2016, 12:53 am »
If . . . I . . . could . . . just . . . stay . . . away . . . and not read all these glowing comments and reviews. :nono: I guess I'll be placing my order on Tuesday. :duh: DHT, dac, amp and inputs. :thumb:
Just do it. No regrets here

firedog

« Reply #316 on: 5 Sep 2016, 06:01 am »
It would be interesting to hear one of these compared to a Lampizator with DHT...

stvc

« Reply #317 on: 5 Sep 2016, 08:43 am »
Sorry for OT.. anyone from Singapore with DHT Pre? Keen to try out to see how they pair with my system.

hubi

« Reply #318 on: 7 Sep 2016, 08:37 pm »
So I have my DHT Pre quite a while ... .
My first impressions were mixed. -Although Vinnie's description of the sound was quite accurate, in comparison to the AVC-tube module everything was a bit too laid back. S. Ebaen‘s description in the first part of his DHT PRE review shows it well and coincides with my experience.
But after 2 weeks regular use the sound changed clearly, I haven't changed my setup. Suddenly speed and punch was back in my setup.

Now, I can not believe what kind of music comes out the Lio. I use the LIO with dac, DHT PRE and active speakers. In addition I regularly use the LIO headphone amplifier and my desription applies to both setups.

I am now looking forward to the experience from the tube tour and maybe I will experiment with other tubes (unfortunately I can’t participate the tour). But it's hard to imagine that  music enjoyment can be increased considerably in a Hifi setup (with similar expenses).

The second thing I will mention, is the expandable concept of LIO – exceptional! Sure some upgrades will not come cheap but you have the choice!!!

Closing remarks: I havent’t been in the hifi hobby for almost 20 years , comeback with LIO is joy beyond compare :guitar: :drums: :violin:

Thank you very much Vinnie !

Kishore

« Reply #319 on: 7 Sep 2016, 09:07 pm »

I have landed back and I see DHT box is also here  :thumb: I have too many things to do before I set this one.

Thanks guys for (good) feedback on DHT- (or thanks to Vinnie  :icon_lol:). Now gotto hunt for where the $%^ is my toolbox set among all the unopened boxes :lol:

regards,
Kishore