EVOKE Updates

Evoke

• Industry Participant
    • EVOKE Planar Loudspeakers
EVOKE Updates
« on: 23 Dec 2017, 12:06 am »
So happy holidays everyone. It's been a busy year. You'll be seeing more feedback around here but most of the sales have been international. Australia has been a huge market for Evoke and we recently sold a pair of Eddie's into Croatia.

It's also exciting that new releases from recording studios in Tokyo are coming out - mastered on Eddie. I"ll post some feedback on that in another post after the holidays.

The Alex prototype is undergoing some scrutiny. We have a full run pre-sold but I want to make sure it passes all our demands before the build. And as always, getting quality cabinet work on lower production run product is a PAIN in the you-know-what!

Ruby has become a bit of a celebrity. It sounds great alone. I'm using a pair right now in a smaller room. (14' x 18' x 9') I am building a .1 subwoofer to see if I like it. Ruby was in Canada for a listening party. The initial feedback has been positive. I'm awaiting some written feedback.

I think one ideal set-up is Ruby as LCR, Side and Rear. I think a left and right sub and separate LFE channel would be an ideal system that doesn't intrude too much on a room. Mounting Ruby as height channels is something I'm not sure of. Anyone have an opinion on that? Whether needed? How to mount? What do you think about ATMOS?

Eddie is available for now. There will be an Eddie LE model coming out in the same cabinet style as Ruby. It will feature a new mid-tweet planar. See the image below. I'm doing final testing on 3 mid-woofers. The original Eddie woofer performs like a champ. The middle upgrade would effect the retail price by an additional $1,000 while the super high end version would add $2,000. Not sure they are worth it. We'll see ...

Well - hope you all have a wonderful holiday season. It's all about the Music.

Mark

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: EVOKE Updates
« Reply #1 on: 23 Dec 2017, 05:37 pm »
Mark,

Your website lists Eddie as being 50 lbs. Is that 50 lbs each or 50 lbs per pair?

Thanks,

Michael

Evoke

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 23 Dec 2017, 06:51 pm »
Mark,

Your website lists Eddie as being 50 lbs. Is that 50 lbs each or 50 lbs per pair?

Thanks,

Michael

Hey, Michael -

Thanks for the question. Eddie actually weighs just under 50 pounds EACH packaged in a box. So that's 100 pounds for a pair. For shipping, carriers charge their best rates for boxes under certain dimensions and that weigh 50 pounds maximum.

Oddly, if you look at Eddies measurements, he's 23 3/4" tall instead of 24". That minor detail gets more use out of a sheet of material. Less waste is greener and helps keep the costs down. The CNC engineer taught me that one.

I hope you had a great holiday.

Thanks,
Mark

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #3 on: 24 Dec 2017, 03:24 am »
Mark,

Thanks for that info.

Now I would like to know how much each speaker weighs sans packaging materials.

The holidays are crazy (in a good way) this year. Two separate super-caloric celebrations yesterday. One more today. Luckily, I'm well supplied with 3 different flavors of Kavalan Single Malt Whiskey - Solist Sherry cask, Solist Ex-Bourbon, and Fino Sherry Oak for today's festivities.

Enjoy yourself!

Michael

Evoke

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 24 Dec 2017, 05:20 pm »
Mark,

Thanks for that info.

Now I would like to know how much each speaker weighs sans packaging materials.

The holidays are crazy (in a good way) this year. Two separate super-caloric celebrations yesterday. One more today. Luckily, I'm well supplied with 3 different flavors of Kavalan Single Malt Whiskey - Solist Sherry cask, Solist Ex-Bourbon, and Fino Sherry Oak for today's festivities.

Enjoy yourself!

Michael

You're welcome, Michael -

Each Eddie weighs about 45 pounds. The packaging is very efficient, thankfully.

Funny you mentioned some of those embibements. I was out last night with friends and am having a challenging time waking today  :D

Best,
Mark