My speaker review after 2 year search auditioning 12 speakers mostly under $2.5K

Ultralight

GOod point.

Room that I used the speakers most: 12 x 13 x 8 plus an extension to the bathroom on one side of the narrow wall.  I did test some of them outside in the much larger living room.

As to amps, agree that the 22 watt 845 based tube amps sounds low.  I also did test the Vinnie Rossi LIO with the LS50.  The LIO has been raved about with the LS50 though the wattage is low.  So I do feel that I've given the LS50 its due.  As to placement, I have stands for the LS50 and moved them around the room from the wall for best placement. All my speakers are about 30-36" from the rear wall for the sense of depth/soundstage.

Hope this helps. 

Ultralight

Bajaed,

Fritz monitors had particular synergy with the LM.  There is a strong sense of ease with which the two worked together.  I believe Fritz's series crossover is special and really quite easy to drive. This effortlessness is what made it special.  My favorite Fritz also happened to be his most expensive with the beryllium tweeters. It had the most accurate timbre and transient speed to my ears.

As I mentioned, if I was going for a two driver speaker, I'll be picking up Fritz. 

UL

Great stuff here, thanks for all the detailed info.

I was interested in hearing how well the Line Magnetic did in driving the Fritz monitors. If it can drive a fleshed out sound with good bass through lower (compared to the Omegas) sensitivity monitors that would be really impressive.

I've heard nothing but great things about LM.

danabunner

Have you had any chance to compare the Super 3i vs Omega's Super 7 MK2?   The Super 7 is just $300 more and thus still a low priced option. 

Ultralight

Unfortunately I have not had that privilege.