FWIW, Audience's aR2P plug-in-the-wall, duplex-outlet power conditioner...

jeffreybehr

• Facilitator
...is now $196 off--that is, $499 instead of $695--at The Cable Company.  https://www.thecableco.com/adept-response-ar2p.html
I am merely a customer, and a new one at that, of TCC.

A few years ago, I used one of these (in the Teflon-cap version) to feed my 650-Watts-into-8 McCormack DNA-750 poweramps.  One thing I loved about it was its magnetic-circuitbreaker/on-off switch, which I used to turn on the two huge poweramps that drew LOTS of current, especially at turn-on.  I'd turn on the aR2p, the breaker would open in about a quarter-second, I'd turn in on again and it'd open, and finally with the amps' powersupply caps maybe 2/3 charged,  the breaker would stay on after the 3rd attempt.  I thought using the PCon's switch/breaker was 'kinder' to the amps' on-off switches than using those switches.  Sold all that a couple years ago, but I'm now trying to buy the very same DNA-750 pair that I sold to a friend a couple years ago, so I bought another aR2p.

The Trippe-Lite isolation-transformer PCon and the PS Audio 'wall-wart'-type filter in the pic are long gone.
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2017, 03:37 pm by jeffreybehr »

Speedskater

• Kevin
One thing about power conditioners, it takes a big box to fit-in a useful noise filter.

jeffreybehr

• Facilitator
One thing about power conditioners, it takes a big box to fit-in a useful noise filter.

True.  This 2-outlet conditioner uses 5 filters--four caps (one quite physically large)...

...and one CMC winding--driving the two outlets of the duplex, and the aR12 has over 50 of them in its big box.  This pic is of my former Teflon-capped version.

Speedskater

• Kevin
That's large?

jeffreybehr

• Facilitator
That's large?

For one duplex outlet, it is.

garyk

This pic is of my former Teflon-capped version.
Thanks for the pic.   I've always wondered what was inside.

jeffreybehr

• Facilitator
Thanks for the pic.   I've always wondered what was inside.

YW.  I subsequently improved that PCon with a better outlet and an inlet-plug; for some-$1200 they were rather...er...humble.

Also, and FWIW, I'll be replacing a few duplex outlets in my musicroom this winter; this time I'll use AudioQuest NRG Edison 20.  They claim:
• Low-Z Power Noise-Dissipation
• Polished High-Tension Surfaces with Hanging-Silver Plating
• Significantly Greater Metal Mass For Optimum Current Delivery
• Beryllium-Copper Base Metal
« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2017, 08:07 pm by jeffreybehr »

jeffreybehr

• Facilitator
Pics of the new aR2p
« Reply #7 on: 30 Nov 2017, 10:33 pm »
Outlet and filters, hot side.

Outlet and filters, neutral side.

CMC.

Difficult to see in the pics are what I believe is a drain resistor and a GDT between hot and neutral..  Each of the four filter caps is wrapped in an aluminum-foiled damping material like the thinner Dyna-Mat.  The outlet is a Hubbel hospital-grade (I think that's what the red-orange color means; I've never purchased one separately)..  Something inside--I believe the earthing metal--is magnetic.

The plug appears to be higher quality than the one in the aR2p-T I had a few years ago; it's nonmagnetic but for the holddown screws, and the prongs are plated in something silver-colored and nonmagnetic..  I'll be replacing the outlet but not the plug.
« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2017, 11:58 pm by jeffreybehr »