NEW D-100B Coming Soon!

CIAudio

NEW D-100B Coming Soon!
« on: 8 Jul 2010, 01:51 pm »
Our original award winning D-100 has been redesigned with many new improvements taken from our larger MKII models.

Included are a new power supply circuit with larger transformer and multiple regulated outputs for input and driver stages, and our XDC-2 circuit is built-in!

Input stage has also been improved (same as D-200/500 MKII).
Many of you like the small box form factor, so this remains the same.

D-100B price is $1800 per pair and will start shipping in 3-4 weeks.

-Dusty-

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: NEW D-100B Coming Soon!
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jul 2010, 07:08 pm »
This is great news.  As an owner of the old VMB-1 40 watt monoblocks who is lusting for a bit more power I was afraid that the rumored D-100 replacement would be priced much higher (and out of my comfort range).

Will the D-100B include both XLR and RCA inputs?  Will it also be available in 26 dB and 32 dB gain versions?

Dusty, can you describe how the sound/performance of the VMB-1 and D-100B compare?

TIA

CIAudio

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jul 2010, 08:42 pm »
The new "B" version will have the same customer options as before: XLR or RCA, 26 or 32dB gain.

D-100B is more dynamic and detailed than VMB-1. Midrange is smooth and open. High input impedance makes it great for both passive and active preamps. 20A of output current to drive even very difficult loads. Similar in sound to VMB, but better in every way. Also runs much cooler than VMB.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jul 2010, 07:07 pm »
Thanks and cool!

Don't know how it could run much cooler (but my audio mancave is in a basement here in the great white north and could use any extra heat).  OTOH I try to be a green guy so it's all good.