SOLD Salk HT-3 in natural bamboo near San Francisco

bahorn1

SOLD Salk HT-3 in natural bamboo near San Francisco
« on: 14 May 2017, 07:01 pm »
I bought these new from Salk Sound in 2009 and they have been in a smoke free, pet free, kid free environment.  I love these speakers and they sound great.  But I just bought a new pair of speakers from Salk and no longer need these.

Asking $2,300.  I'l absorb the paypal fees.  I'd prefer a local pickup (I'm in Mountain View) since I don't have the original boxes.  I'm also willing to drive a reasonable distance (up to 100 miles) for delivery.  I have 100% positive feedback on audiogon.

« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2017, 01:52 am by bahorn1 »

Brettio

Re: FS: Salk HT-3 in natural bamboo near San Francisco
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2017, 01:28 am »
Just looking at the photos of these beautiful speakers I can you they have a very high WAF...GLWTS

lenkevy

« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2017, 02:58 pm »
Just sent a PM

wasquatch

« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2017, 03:04 am »
Out of curiosity, I'm assuming these were from before Salk started using the RAAL tweeters? Any idea which tweeters these are and how they compare to the RAALs?

bahorn1

« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2017, 03:25 pm »
Out of curiosity, I'm assuming these were from before Salk started using the RAAL tweeters? Any idea which tweeters these are and how they compare to the RAALs?

Hi wasquatch.  That's correct.  My HT3s have the Aurum Cantus G2 ribbon tweeter, which was before Jim started using RAAL tweeters in this speaker.  I can't speak to the difference from the RAAL.

billmcc

« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2017, 08:01 pm »
It would be best to contact Jim Salk to ask about the differences between the Raal and the Aurum Cantus ribbon tweeters. All I know is for the asking price of $2300 for these HT-3s it's an incredible deal! HT-3s new currently go for $6495.00 in a standard finish.

http://www.salksound.com/model.php?model=Veracity+HT3

Bill

bahorn1

« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2017, 09:18 pm »
Thanks for the plug billmcc!

bahorn1

« Reply #7 on: 9 Jun 2017, 11:55 am »
Bump

supermo26

« Reply #8 on: 12 Jun 2017, 02:47 am »
I paid more than that for mt HT2-TL's used a few years ago. If I had the cash I move the HT2 to the back of the living room and park these in the front. :)